Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
In this role you will support Turnstone Management and Project/Program leaders to provide Project Management and Alliance Management support to Turnstone Research and Development programs:
Support Preclinical/Discovery Research Management and Functional Leads to provide Project Management and Operations support to Preclinical/Discovery Research projects:
Project Management (40%)
- Ensure that projects in the Preclinical/Discovery Research function are supported with appropriate and consistent Project Management expertise, including:
- Integration of functional program plans into a overarching Preclinical/Discovery Research Functional Plan and ensuring appropriate communication to internal stakeholders
- Help guide the definition of functional plans that include scope, timelines, milestones, deliverables, key Go/NoGo decisions points, resources, and budgets
- Tracking, management and analysis of the overaching functional timeline, milestone, and budget data
- Ensuring that changes to Functional Plan are appropriately communicated to the appropriate stakeholders
- Coordinating functional meetings as needed to meet deliverables, track decisions and follow up on action items
- Work with managment to identify functional risks and facilitate the creation of mitigation strategies and appropriately document those items
Operational Support (60%)
- Ensure that projects in the Preclinical/Discovery Research function are supported with appropriate, consistent and centralized Operational expertise, including:
o Manage and execute procurement processes on behalf of the function
o Perform budgeting and forecasting processes on behalf of the function
o Manage and execute financial processes on behalf of the function
o Execute business operations processes on behalf of the function
o Manage IT implementations within the function
o Manage and deliver on corporate reporting requirements on behalf of the function
- Work closely with the Program Management Function to help develop cross-functional processes/tools and implement them within the Function
- Delegate operational responsibilities as appropriate in consultation with Preclinical/Discovery Research leadership
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your ability to think both strategically and drive fast-paced execution. With our company size and growth we will give you plenty of opportunities for you to be an inspirational and collaborative co-functional leader. Passionate about being a part of a critical function of a growing company and continuous learning? We will have plenty of that for you!
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
- This role will support Preclinical/Discovery Research Management located in Ottawa, Canada
- MSc or BSc Degree
- 3+ years experience in a project management role in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Familiar with drug development process and a demonstrated understanding of preclinical and discovery research
- Experience with cell therapy programs preferred
- Ability to foster business relationships with internal and external business partners
- Proven ability to influence others to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate and communicate in a cross-functional team environment to achieve overall functional goals.
- Self-motivated, comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Highly organized and efficient, close attention to details and able to orchestrate multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to represent and communicate functional timelines/priorities at senior management meetings
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project