Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
The Operations team in the Technical Operations department is growing. As the Budget Administrator, you will report to the Operations Manager, TO. The responsibilities for this position span across our multi-virus and novel cell therapy platforms and will touch several teams across the company:
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures, and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You’ll use your strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to support the Technical Operations Team. You would have the opportunity to create something new and grow right along with the company.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
This role will be located in our Ottawa, Canada or San Diego, USA offices and may require occasional travel between our locations. This role is best suited for someone with the following:
· Experience in participating/developing a small/mid-size organization’s budget
· Experience as a budget coordinator/manager working in a fast-paced organization is preferred
· Technology savviness, fluent using Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
· Highly organized, attention to detail, accurate and responsible
· Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
· Self-motivated and efficient, able to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency and function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Ability to multitask, manage several competing priorities and meet deadlines
· The candidate must have mature interpersonal skills, and a communication style that matches the Turnstone style: respectful, transparent, and team-oriented
· Experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry would be considered an asset
· Bachelor’s degree in a related Science field considered an asset
· Degree in accounting is considered and asset
· Basic knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology, or virology considered an asset
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.