Turnstone Biologics (“Turnstone”), a privately held clinical stage biotech company, is developing breakthrough cancer immunotherapies by advancing two leading and complementary platforms that drive innate and adaptive tumor immunity, to provide benefit to the millions of cancer patients underserved by current treatment options. Turnstone’s proprietary vaccinia virus platform is engineered to drive coordinated immune activation, potent viral activity, and local expression of encoded therapeutics. The innovative TIL cell therapy platform leverages clinically validated treatment protocols and has been specifically designed to extend beyond the use of bulk TILs to enrich for the most relevant T-cells for tumor eradication, preserving broad antigen diversity and minimizing time to treatment for patients. The Company has an ongoing Phase 1/2a trial in solid tumors (RAPTOR) for its leading oncolytic virus candidate, RIVAL-01, and is expecting to file an IND for the lead TIL therapy candidate, TIDAL-01, in 2021.
At Turnstone, the science drives decision making and our therapeutics are designed with the patient foremost in mind. We continue to build a world-class, high-performing company that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding thereafter are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? If you are a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Support Turnstone Management and Project/Program leaders to provide Project Management and Alliance Management support to Turnstone Research and Development programs:
- Ensure that programs in the Research and Development portfolios are supported with appropriate and consistent Project/Program Management support, including:
- Facilitating the development of cross functional strategy and ensuring appropriate communication to internal stakeholders
- Defining program level plans that include scope, timelines, milestones, deliverables, key Go/NoGo decisions points, resources, and budgets
- Tracking and owning program timeline, milestone, and budget data
- Leading the team through planning for cross functional transitions
- Ensuring that changes to program timelines are appropriately communicated to the team and Leadership
- Coordinating team meetings as needed to meet team deliverables, track decisions and follow up on action items
- Work with the team to identify program risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ensure that corporate alliances and/or academic collaborations are supported with Alliance management support, including:
- Facilitate joint team meetings at appropriate frequency to meet the needs of the team
- Ensure internal team and leadership team is aware of and working towards meeting collaboration expectations
- Understanding Turnstone positions on strategic goals and ensuring appropriate communication to partner
- Ensure team is meeting contractual obligations and flagging to leadership when contractual interpretation is required
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
- MSc or BSc Degree
- 7+ years experience in a project management role in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- PMP Project Management Certificate preferred
- Experience with cell therapy programs preferred
- Familiar with drug development process and a demonstrated understanding of the clinical development process
- Ability to foster business relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Proven ability to influence others to get things done without formal authority.
- Demonstrated ability to map out new business processes and improve existing processes
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate and communicate in cross-functional team environment to achieve overall project goals.
- Self-motivated, comfortable in fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Highly organized and efficient, close attention to details and able to orchestrate multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to represent and communicate project timelines/priorities at senior management meetings
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.