Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com or email email@example.com.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing Manufacturing Sciences team, then this role may be for you! As a Scientist/Engineer, Manfacturing Sciences, you will report to the Manufacturing Sciences lead, within the Bioprocess Development and Manfuacturing Sciences team. With responsibilities spanning our multi-virus platform, key duties as they relate to this role will include:
Support drafting and reviewing of regulatory documentation
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. We also have opportinites for you to be a mentor to other team members. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
Turnstone Tech Ops is a virtual organization, where all of our wetbench work is executed third party CMO/CRO partners. We have offices in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA – but considering the nature of our work and the global climate, this position can be stationed virtually – ideally within the Eastern time zone. This role is best suited for someone with the following:
· 5-7 years of overall experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
· Bachelors degree in Science / Engineering, with a Master’s or PhD considered an asset.
· Trained in one of the following fields: chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, or virology
· Basic knowledge of cell biology, and virology
· Experience working with biologic processes (viruses) considered an asset
· Experience with aseptic manufacturing processes (non-terminally sterilized drug substance) considered an asset
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
· Excellent data analysis capabilities including statistical methods. Experience with statistical software, e.g. JMP, SAS, considered an asset
· Enjoy data mining, trending, and graphing data for presentation within reports or at meetings
· Excellent written communication skills to enable drafting of reports and risk assessments
· Previous experience drafting or reviewing Batch Records considered an asset
· Knowledge of GMPs considered an asset
· Self-motivated and efficient, able to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency, and function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.