Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com or email email@example.com.
What would it be like?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Our Bioprocess Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PD&MS) team is growing. As the Technical Coordinator, you will report to the Associate Director of Process Development with a strong reporting line to the Technical Operations Project Management Office (PMO). The responsibilities for this position span across our multi-virus platform and include:
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have
the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. We also have opportinites for you to be a mentor to other team members. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
· The Technical Coordinator will be positioned in our Ottawa, Canada office Head Quarters
· Basic knowledge of cell biology, virology, and/or GMP Manufacturing of biologics
· 1-2 years of overall experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
· Bachelors degree in related Science field (Biochemistry, Biology, Virology) with a Master’s degree considered an asset
· Ability to multi-task and manage several competing priorities
· Attention to detail and highly organized is a must
· This is a role that requires constant interface with and representation of the team. The candidate must exude mature interpersonal skills, and a communication style that matches the Turnstone style: respectful, transparent, and constant
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, and Powerpoint
· Self-motivated and efficient, able to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency and function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.