Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Responsibilities include: working in a Turnstone lab, running complex analytics to support product characterization, preclinical study sample testing, and analytical development.
This role is best suited for an analyst with the following:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in the lab (school lab experience counts) performing several methods such as:
• virological and cellular assays (tissue culture, plaque assay, killing assay, TCID50, infections, etc)
• molecular assays (qPCR, PCR, Bradford, ELISAs, Western blot, etc)
-Education: diploma or degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, or relevant field
- Agile in a lab setting, able to learn new methods
- Experience following a procedure several times to generate precise and accurate results
- Careful and diligent method execution and reporting
- Organized and able to manage time to enable the execution of several experiments at once when required
- Very comfortable using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with analytical software such as JMP would be an asset.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.