Senior Manger, Analytical Testing
Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
- Lead group of technologists to support testing samples from our bioprocess development, reasearch, product development, and analytical development teams (Includes scheduling, training, qualifying, etc.)
- Manage testing priority and schedule to meet client timelines and overall company goals
- Establish and oversee procedures, SOPs, templates, work flows to support all lab work and method tech transfer to external vendors
- Execute and oversee tech transfers to non-GMP vendors
- Work very closely with the analytical development (AD) team to track and trend methods that are used in the lab
- Stay up to date on new instrumentation and methods to support testing (with AD)
- Embody an attitude of continuous improvement, with a focus on operational excellence. Operational excellence will be focused on determining, measuring, and reporting key performance indicators – we can’t fix or improve anything that we can’t measure and quantify.
This role is best suited for a scientist with the following:
- 5+ years working in biotech or pharmaceutical company with at least 3 years managing a Lab team of 2 or more direct reports
- Education: Advanced degree (MS) in biochemistry, molecular biology, or relevant field preferred
- Experience with analytical tech transfer to external contract testing organization or other external entity
- Savvy with spreadsheeting, biostatistics, and advanced data treatment platforms (e.g., JMP)
-Agile and comfortable using IT platforms to support organizing and reporting results/samples/tasks
- Experience with assay qualification and what makes a robust assay
- Excellent communication and proficient at extracting needs from clients, with a focus at building partnerships across a wide range of customers, under aggressive timelines and expectations.
- Experience managing competing priorities from multiple clients, and a master at facilitating prioritization across a wide range of customers.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.