Logistics Coordinator (Contract)
Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to track orders, prepare documentation and coordinate/monitor the delivery of shipments, globally. Ensure full compliance of import/export operation activities are met based on applicable regulatory requirements.
- Effectively and proactively manage inquiries and any logistics-related issues received from internal and external customers, carrier companies, Customs or other regulatory bodies.
- Monitor expiration of permits and import licenses, and prepare documentation for new applications or renewals, as required.
- Logistics and inventory coordination/traceability – ensure accuracy of transactions to maintain reliable inventory reports.
- BS/BA required (science or business preferred), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years' experience that includes in-depth understanding of cGMP Logistics operations in the Pharma/Biotech field or relevant field.
- Must have a working knowledge of Trade Compliance responsibilities, on both the import and export sides of the logistics business.
- Cold Chain experience required.
- Working experience and knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (FDA, CDC, USDA, EU, FAA, IATA, DOT, Customs, and OSHA).
- Experience / ability to understand and develop procedures and other controlled documents required.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.