Senior Manager, Process Development
Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA. For more information, please visit www.turnstonebio.com.
What would it be like?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another day at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
Our Bioprocess Development and Manufacturing Sciences (PD&MS) team is growing. As part of the Technical Operations organization, the PD&MS team is responsible for leading the overall strategy and technical development for Drug Substance, and Drug Product for our clinical-staged assets. PD&MS also supports technical transfers, and collaborates closely with Manufacturing to provide technical support for GMP operations. You will be charged with leading a team of Scientists and Engineers to ensure success of our process development workstreams executing within our virtual CDMO network. The responsibilities for this position span across our multi-virus platform and include:
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of Scientists and Engineers
- Provide technical input for process improvements, with a large focus on upstream process development
- Help to develop the quality Target Product Profile for our viral products
- Represent Turnstone Tech Ops externally at our CDMO network
- Support drafting, and reviewing of regulatory documentation
- Support successful technical transfers and scale-up activities
- Drive corporate and departmental objectives to completion through strong collaboration with a broad range of internal functions, in particular Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
· The Senior Manager will be positioned in our Ottawa, Canada office Head Quarters
· PhD Biochemical Engineering, or PhD in other related Science field (virology, biology, biochemistry)
· 10+ years experience
· Upstream process development experience including mamammlian cell culture, bioreactor engineering and virus infection/harvest/lysis. Downstrem purification experience considered an asset
· Early stage (clinical development, phase I) process development experience considered an asset
· Broad exposure to different biological drug products. Experience working with viruses considered an asset.
· Experience at a start up biotech strongly preferred
· Strong leadership skills as demonstrated through previous industry roles
· Execllent communication both written, and spoken
· Analytical minded individual with the ability to investigate technically challenging problems
· Mature interpersonal skills and a communication style that matches the Turnstone style: respectful, transparent, and constant
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
· Able to manage competing priorities effectively and adapt to changing priorities
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.