Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing Analytical Development & Quality Controlteam, then this role may be for you! As an Associate Scientist, Analytical Development, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and qualifying assays to support any number of functions within the technical operations scope: process development, formulation development, product characterization, raw material testing, and GMP product release and stability testing. You will regularly interact with other Turnstone team members to establish needs, help with result analysis, and transfer well-establised analytical methods. Your role will be to work directly with the lead Scientist for Analytical Development of cellular biology assays. This role will involve some wet bench work to troubleshoot and optimize assays, through well-thought out experiments. have experience working with some or all the following, as they relate to the Associate Scientist, Analytical Development duties:
- Designing and executing experiments precisely and carefully to drive development and optimization activities for cellular assays
- Developing and/or qualifying analytical assays suitable for characterization, in-process testing, final drug-product release, and/or product stability
- In-depth experience with various cellular methods such as: plaque assay and TCID50s, ELISA, Western blot, Bradford assay, viral killing potency assay, etc
- Trending analytical metrics to confirm method reproducibility and consistency. Experience with meta-analysis an asset
· Writing and reviewing protocols and reports describing analytical assays contributing to regulatory filings
- Transfering methods to other internal or external partners and supporting the collaboration through timely result analysis
- Communicating analytical results in a timely manner and collaborating with internal and external development teams to support their goals and timelines
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures, and process so this role will be busy and expanding. We also have opportinites for you to be a mentor to other team members. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
This role is best suited for someone with the following:
· 2+ years of overall experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry in a laboratory setting performing cellular biology methods
· Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in cellular biology or related discipline
· Proven ability to apply advanced analysis principles, theories, and concepts to solving complex problems associated with drug development
· In depth experience in a variety of cGMP laboratory activities and analytical techniques applied to the testing of viral-based products
· Strong ability to critically review, evaluate, and interpret analytical results (including stability data) and support investigations to resolve analytical issues
· Working knowledge of GMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and immuno-therapy manufacturing
· Self-motivated and efficient, able to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency and function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
This role will be based in Ottawa, Ontario.
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.