Turnstone Biologics Inc. is the leading virus-based immunoncology biotechnology company developing novel oncolytic vaccine therapeutics for cancer patients. Our first-in-class platform technology attacks tumours using a two-pronged approach: targeted and robust tumour killing using an oncolytic virus, in combination with a cancer vaccine that generates long-lasting anti-tumour immune responses. Turnstone is building a world-class, high-performing team that embraces being a learning organization with a sense of urgency. Turnstone has a seasoned board of directors and venture capital partners, is enrolling clinical studies, has a rich development portfolio, and highly active R&D efforts led by a world-class scientific management team. Turnstone is co-located in Ottawa, Canada and New York, USA.
How do you know if you’re the right fit?
Imagine coming to work every day where over-communication, transparency, teaching, listening, asking, thinking, working hard, and having fun are normal – actually, expected? Imagine having a coach, mentor, peers, and partners where candid feedback, self-improvement, risk taking, failing, learning from that failing, and succeeding are what we call ‘another Thursday at Turnstone’? At Turnstone, the science drives decision making, and our drugs are designed with the patient in mind. Like the disease we’re fighting, our platform is complex, and transformative. If you’re a passionate person, and our science excites you – this opportunity may be for you.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing Technical Operationsteam, then this role may be for you! As the Manager of Downstream Drug Substance Development, you will provide leadership, plan, direct, and coordinate all Downstream Process Development efforts to support our viral-based platforms. You and your team will lead all aspects of virus based purification techniques, including chromatography, UF/DF, clarification and filtrationthe following:
· Manage portfolio of viral and non-viral cancer immunotherapy products for all downstream process development
· Potential to lead a team of 3+ engineers by mid-2020 for all Downstream process development
· Process ranging from Phase I start up, through Phase III readiness and strategy for process improvements of clinical-stage programs
· Direct downstream bioprocess development work in partner labs, including a network of 4-6 experienced CDMO partners
· Definition and process characterization to refine CPPs with line of sight for process validation
· Present trended data, and recommendations in a cross functional Project Team
· Travel required, 10 - 15%
· Participation in regulatory strategy and document authoring/reviewing for interactions with FDA, EMA, and Health Canada
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your a
We are in the early stages of building strategies, structures and process so this role will be busy and expanding. We also have opportinites for you to be a mentor to other team members. You would have the opportunity to create something new and ‘WOW!’ all of us and grow right along with the company.
This role is best suited for someone with the following:
· 7+ years of overall experience within the biotech/pharmaceutical industryScientist or Engineer with advanced degree (MSc or PhD)
· Educated in one of the following fields: chemical engineering, biochemistry, virology
· SME of virus based purification techniqies
· Experience trouble-shooting new processes, and taking processes from early phase clinical development through validation
· Experience in a small company, preferred (BioTech / Start up experience)
· Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage several competing priorities
· Leadership experience preferred
Turnstone Biologics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.