Full-Time Opportunity, 100% Remote
Amplion synthesizes the world’s biomedical knowledge to accelerate Precision Medicine and enable confident strategic decisioning in drug and diagnostic development and business development. The company's SaaS platform leverages machine learning to provide actionable intelligence across millions of disparate data sources, delivering the leading solution for pre-clinical and clinical evidence in the Life Sciences industry.
All of us at Amplion are extremely passionate about enabling the life science industry to deliver on the promise of precision medicine. No disruption of a major industry happens with an individual. It takes a great team, aligned around something meaningful and big. If you share in our passion and want to work for a growing company with the opportunity for professional growth with purpose, we’d love to meet you.
In this role, you will own the entire backend platform for our machine learning data pipeline, data service APIs, search algorithms, as well as collaborating on DevOps for our Google Cloud Platform environment. In our startup environment, this is a 100% hands-on, 100% remote role. The few meetings we have are U.S. Pacific Time.
While machine learning expertise is not required, in this role you will work very closely with our data science team and collaborate on the design, implementation, and operation of the ML pipelines. This is a great opportunity to get involved in cutting edge ML models and techniques. Opportunity for significant equity participation.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years of software architecture and development experience with at least 1-2 years of lead or principal responsibilities in a data-centric enterprise platform.
- Expert experience with Python OR Go
- Significant experience in search, API data services, and performance optimization
- Substantial startup experience and/or a track record of success in a fast-paced environment.
- You make smart architectural decisions, build efficient systems, and have know-how to test and monitor the platforms.
- A track record of taking measured risks and providing robust backup and rollback plans.
- A track record of moving fast, while proactively managing technical debt and continuous refactoring.
- Bonus for experience with GCP, BigQuery, Redis, jhub/Jupyter Notebook, web scraping tools and Kubernetes
- Responsible for overall architecture including API design
- Search algorithms and performance, e.g. elastic search, entity & document search.
- Data schemas and persistence, data importers.
- Machine learning processing pipeline.
- Operations: Kubernetes, Monitoring & Alerting, GCP Resources
- Dev tools: Github actions, Makefiles, Release process/scripts
- Communicating tradeoffs with stakeholders, executives, sales/marketing.
- While 100% remote role, availability for meetings U.S. Pacific Time.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive base and at-plan compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% company funded health plan options for employees and access to large group benefits
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and FSA
- Stock Options
- 401k plan
- Limited travel (conferences and company meetings in Bend, OR)
Amplion is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Amplion, we value diversity. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and local law.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas