With the rise in deployment frequency, shift to microservices, and increasing business expectations, operations teams are struggling to handle ticket volumes and meet service level objectives. Despite the current observability and automation tools on the market today, the diagnosis and remediation of issues continues to be slow and mostly manual. This is unsustainable.
Shoreline is a stealth-mode DevOps startup focused on reducing operational pain. Founded in 2019 by veteran AWS operators who built and operated mission critical databases and cloud services that ran on millions of hosts using self-tuning feedback control systems, Shoreline’s mission is to help operators reduce tickets and improve service availability by an order of magnitude through automation.
Headquartered in the Bay Area with employees around the world, Shoreline raised a significant Series A round from notable investors including NTTVC and Canvas Ventures. We are well-funded with several years of runway.
Director of Growth Marketing
Bay Area (preferred) OR United States
Reporting to CEO
As the 1st marketing hire, this newly created hands-on role with work closely with the CEO as we transition out of stealth to generate brand awareness and customer trials within the DevOps community. Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop Shoreline’s brand and take ownership of its website. Manage an agency to drive outbound content and awareness of Shoreline through its website and other social medial channels.
· Develop and manage the customer adoption process from awareness to interest, evaluation, trial, adoption, and growth. Design and implement metrics to measure the effectiveness of each stage of the process
· Partner with product and engineering to develop outbound content to meet growth targets
· Develop and run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives from end-to-end including designing the experiments, developing the strategy, and driving the execution
· BA or BS degree required, MBA preferred
· Minimum of 10 years of work experience
· 3 to 5 of years of content marketing experience in a DevOps-focused SaaS company (preferred)
· Experience growing brand awareness and interest among enterprise software developers, IT operators and business users for a new product
· Experience developing data-driven marketing plans
· Experience creating campaigns and building a community to attract new prospects and customers
Analytical and Strategic Skills:
· Analytical and strategic with strong business acumen
Execution and Delivery Skills:
· Ability to make informed decisions quickly
· Results-oriented with a bias for action
· Consistently met target objectives and goals
· Have managed direct and indirect teams
· Efficient and clear communicator in both written and verbal formats
· Ability to synthesize complex ideas into compelling and actionable recommendations
· Strong listening skills. Displays empathy when interacting with customers and colleagues alike.
· Prior experience working in a dynamic startup environment where team members are geographically dispersed
· Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, data-driven, and highly collaborative environment
· Ability to work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Analysts, and Creatives
· Humble. Willingness to seek feedback.
· Naturally curious
· Open-minded and creative brainstormer an problem solver
· Scrappy and hands-on, detail-oriented
· Comfortable with ambiguity and risk inherent in an early stage startup environment
· Ability to be self-directed and proactive in defining your role
· Willingness to set and achieve aggressive goals.
· Demonstrates a strong commitment to the team and willingness to “pitch in” as needed
· Perseveres when faced with challenges and identifies creative solutions to problem
Competitive package which includes base, equity and benefits.