- Defining the ops language including syntax and semantics and implementing in Elixir.
- Implementing the language's tool chain and standard library in Elixir.
- Working with others to develop the language's run time.
- Developing integrations including with shell and python.
- Working with others to develop a cloud components library including queues, auto scaling, and warm pool components.
You'll use standard software development best practices such as version control and participate in software development processes such as code and design reviews.
What you should have
- Two or more years of experience with Elixir / Erlang & OTP or another functional language such as Haskell, OCaml, or a Lisp.
- A love of functional data structures, algorithms, and immutability.
- Care about aesthetics such as code syntax and quality.
- Verbal and written English fluency.
- Competency with version control and writing tests.
- Deep knowledge of Erlang's VM, BEAM.
- Experience with DevOps including debugging production systems.
- Experience working with one or platforms including AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, and/or Kubernetes.
- A love of language design & implementation and an understanding of language tool chain such as lexing, parsing, type checking, and planning.