This position requires an ACTIVE SECRET security clearance. Your application will not be reviewed if you do not have an ACTIVE security clearance at SECRET or above.
Elevate Government Solutions is a high growth Technology Services company focused on driving technological change in the government space. Our teams engage with various government agencies to develop and deploy emerging technology solutions using a tailored Agile methodology.
We are seeking a highly motivated and intellectually curious AWS DevOps Engineer to join our team working with a Federal client. The position will be a remote role open to US citizens residing in the Washington, DC area with a Secret security clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and implement a continuous integration and continuous deployment platform for development teams.
- Develop and execute best practices, including providing support engineering solution architectures and strategies for migration to AWS GovCloud.
- Partner with application teams to develop practical automation solutions and participate in cross functional team meetings to collaborate and ensure successful executions.
- Maintain internal documentation that fully reflects all activity related to an application and environment to be used by applicable teams.
- Utilize modern monitoring tools on the AWS EKS cluster using Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, etc.
- Support of performance and test automation integration into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Remediate vulnerabilities in CI/CD pipeline tools and software along with container hardening.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues with the CI/CD pipeline, assisting with issues arising from product upgrades, installations, and configurations.
- Experience with AWS services, e.g., EC2, CloudWatch, RDS, S3, EKS, VPC, etc.
- Must be able to work independently with little to no daily supervision, is a team player, open to ideas and learning.
- Work in a distributed team environment where team members are spread across numerous locations and often communicate virtually to support clients.
- Work as a team member closely with the Project Manager, Business Analyst, Technical lead and others to ensure implementations are completed on time and within budget
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS); Amazon Web Services Adv. CloudFormation; Amazon Cloud Architect; Kubernetes; Cloud Infrastructure; Cloud Operating Model Design; Cloud Provisioning ;Cloud Service Management; Cloud/AWS Architect
- Desired Skills: Production experience running Kubernetes workloads ideally on AWS EKS.
- Experience architecting solutions on the AWS cloud.
- 4-6 years of experience operating in a production environment.
- 4 years’ experience engineering in the AWS cloud.
- Container orchestration experience using AWS EKS clusters in a production environment.
- Experience with VPC, AZs, Subnets, Route53, CloudWatch, ALB/NLB, Security Groups, EKS, and EC2.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems and Docker/Kubernetes constructs.
- Strong developer mindset with experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, YAML, and JSON.
- Strong knowledge with Git, GitLab, and Jenkins pipeline development.
- Ability to work with US Federal clients and possess a Secret clearance
- Skilled in verbal, written and oral communication
- Strong team player with a great attitude
- Flexibility and willingness to go beyond the call of duty. Highly self-motivated and directed. (a go getter)
- Ability to take ownership and drive issues to closure
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Eng or related (highly preferred)
- CKAD or CKA Certification.
- AWS Solutions Architect or DevOps certification
- Health Insurance
- 401k match
- Remote work