The Saint John Institute (SJI) is a non-profit 501c(3) organization with a vision to send leaders for labor in the Lord’s harvest. Our mission is to inspire young adults in leadership for evangelization at Eagle Eye Ministries (EEM); we equip faith with leadership and leadership with faith at the Saint John Leadership Institute (SJLI); we engage great talent for the evangelization of culture through family and business at the Saint John Leadership Network (SJLN). Our core values: Vision. Daring. Grit.
The Development Associate supports the Development department and SJI Business office. This position’s primary focus includes recording, processing, and acknowledging gifts. Responds to donor inquiries. Maintains donor database. (Note: May assist in coordinating special events, but this is not the primary function of this position.) The Development Associate reports to the Business Manager. This is a part-time position located in Englewood, CO. Hours of operation are 8:30-5pm Monday-Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
90%: Development Associate
- Process daily mail and donations: data entry, tax receipts, send thank you letters, upload and track notes, special requests, mass offerings
- Enter donations data into the Deposit Report and EGS in alignment with the Director of Development to ensure correct designations
- Complete deposit verifications and daily deposits into bank in coordination with Accounting Clerk
- Prepare pre-event travel/folder envelope and process post event donation envelopes in collaboration with the National Event Coordinator
- Enter in-kind gifts into EGS and mail in-kind gift receipts
- Prepare and mail of EOY tax letters in coordination with Accounting Clerk
- Write timely thank you correspondence to donors
- Manage the info@email account
- Obtain signatures for letters of suitability
- Support for the President, Chief of Staff, and Business Manager
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, donor management, fundraising software
- Experience using databases (QuickBooks preferred)
- Ability to adapt, be flexible, and multi-task in a fast-changing environment
- Moral life according to the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Teachable spirit. Willing to take on new tasks as assigned.
Bachelors degree and 2 years work experience in Development, business, or customer service.
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Experience with donation processing and contact management software
None Required. None preferred.