The Saint John Institute is a non-profit 501c(3) organization with a vision to send leaders for labor in the Lord’s harvest. Our mission is to inspire young adults in leadership for evangelization at Eagle Eye Ministries; we equip faith with leadership and leadership with faith at the Masters Leadership School; we engage great talent for the evangelization of culture through family and business at the Faith and Leadership Consortium. Our core values: Vision. Daring. Grit.
The Volunteer Receptionist supports the SJI staff office functions and daily operations. We have an immediate need for a volunteer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Volunteers on any weekday are welcomed. We are located in Englewood, CO. Business hours are 8:30am to 5pm. Daily Mass on site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Greet visitors and volunteers. Provide building tours for guests, new employees
● Receive deliveries
● Support the President, Chief of Staff and team with general clerical tasks
● Write emails and prepare post office mailings
● Distribute incoming mail
● Water plants
● Assist with keeping the building clean, organized, prepared for weekend guests, and general maintenance: lobby, chapel, restrooms, classroom
● Direct volunteers according to work list
● Assist event coordinator with set up and clean up
● Data entry
● Running errands including shipping packages and post office errands
● Outgoing and energetic
● Strong commitment to customer service
● Good verbal and written communication
● Good organizational skills
● Familiarity with spreadsheets, creating signs, data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
● Ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast changing environment
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Live a moral life according to the teachings of the Catholic Church
● Teachable spirit. Willing to take on new tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
H.S. Diploma. Experience in an ministry, non-profit, administration or reception is a plus.
Licenses and Certifications:
None Required. None preferred.