The Saint John Institute is a non-profit 501c(3) organization with a vision to send leaders for labor in the Lord’s harvest. Our mission is to inspire young adults in leadership for evangelization at Eagle Eye Ministries; we equip faith with leadership and leadership with faith at the Masters Leadership School; we engage great talent for the evangelization of culture through family and business at the Faith and Leadership Consortium.
Our core values: Vision. Daring. Grit.
The Administrative Assistant supports the SJI staff office functions and building operations. This position’s focus has three primary areas: 1) reception, 2) business support, and 3) facility operations. Part-time and full-time applicants encouraged to apply. It is located in Englewood, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Receive incoming calls, visitors and deliveries
50%: Administrative Assistant/Reception
- Greet visitors and volunteers. Provide building tours for guests, new employees
- Meeting coordination: scheduling, reminders, minutes, conference calls, technology and set up
- Prepare and post office communications by email, social media, or print
- Manage the wish list
- Distribute incoming mail
- Running errands including shipping packages and mail and support for the President
- Maintain the file organization in Google Drive, Google Calendars, and Smug Mug
- Scan and upload documents, photos, create and organize files
- Vehicle and building maintenance
- Technology logs
- Update SJI Contacts database
· Assist with weekly orders and deliveries: price comparisons, facility supplies, water, groceries
· Assist with building and property preparations and maintenance: lobby, chapel, restrooms
· Troubleshoot issues regarding executing tasks, internet, security, facility maintenance
35% Business Support
· Process cash and check donations: data entry, processing mailed donations and tax receipts
· Prepare donor lists and follow up written correspondence for President
· Daily financial entries
· Scan and send receipts and deposits to bookkeeper
· Open mail and donations and enter donations into the Deposit Report and Kindful (responsibility shared among Admin. Assistants)
· File event Financial Recap Report by scanning and filing an electronic copy into Google Drive.
· Monthly data entry of in-kind gifts into Kindful and mail in-kind gift receipts
· Ensure donation reports are sent to current students who are fundraising (auto-generated)
Enthusiasm, teamwork focused and strong customer service orientation
Strong verbal and written communication
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
● Familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and databases (QuickBooks preferred)
● Ability to adapt, be flexible, and multi-task in a fast changing environment
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with the team
Moral life according to the teachings of the Catholic Church
Teachable spirit. Willing to take on new tasks as assigned.
H.S. Diploma and 2 years work experience in an administrative, receptionist, or customer service role.
None Required. None preferred.