The Saint John Institute is a non-profit 501c(3) organization with a vision to send leaders for labor in the Lord’s harvest. Our mission is to inspire young adults in leadership for evangelization at Eagle Eye Ministries; we equip faith with leadership and leadership with faith at the Masters Leadership School; we engage great talent for the evangelization of culture through family and business at the Faith and Leadership Consortium.
Our core values: Vision. Daring. Grit.
The Administrative Assistant supports the SJI staff office functions, building operations, and volunteer engagement. This position’s focus has four primary areas: 1) office support and reception, 2) volunteer engagement, 3) events, and 4) facility operations. Part-time and full-time applicants encouraged to apply. It is located in Englewood, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Receive incoming calls, visitors and deliveries
● Lead volunteer training and ongoing engagement
35%: Administrative Assistant/Reception
- Greet visitors and volunteers. Provide building tours for guests, new employees
- Meeting coordination: scheduling, reminders, minutes, conference calls, technology and set up
- Prepare and post office communications by email, social media, or print
- Manage the wish list
- Distribute incoming mail
- Running errands including shipping packages and mail and support for the President
- Maintain the file organization in Google Drive, Google Calendars, and Smug Mug
- Scan and upload documents, photos, create and organize files
- Vehicle and building maintenance
- Technology logs
- Update SJI Contacts database
- Assist with weekly orders and deliveries: price comparisons, facility supplies, water, groceries
- Assist with building and property preparations and maintenance: lobby, chapel, restrooms
- Troubleshoot issues regarding executing tasks, internet, security, facility maintenance
- Process cash and check donations: data entry, processing mailed donations and tax receipts
25%: Volunteer Engagement
- Recruit, interview, screen, and place volunteers based on interests, skills, and SJI's needs
- Direct volunteers according to work list
- Build relationships with volunteers
- Conduct volunteer interviews and lead on-boarding
- Maintain volunteer database including tracking volunteer hours and activities
- Assist with volunteer appreciation and communication activities
25% Event Support
- Prepare supplies for President’s travel and SJI events
- Support event coordinators to ensure smooth set up, execution, and wrap up of events
- Restock event supplies, promotional products, bookstore products
- Assist with follow-up emails and phone calls for the National Network and Consortium
- Assist in updating documents and promotional materials for all ministries using during events
- Coordinate and assist with the annual Summit event and Consortium events
- Create event planning agendas and meeting minutes
15%: Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Database experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt, be flexible, and multi-task in a fast changing environment
- Moral life according to the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Teachable spirit. Willing to take on new tasks as assigned.
H.S. Diploma and 2 years work experience in an administrative, receptionist, or customer service role.
None Required. None preferred.