This position serves as a key partner to the association’s local public affairs program and reports to the Executive Vice President, Local Public Affairs. Key to this role is maximizing the Executive Vice President’s (EVP) time, ensure the local public affairs team is aligned with association priorities, and manage the delivery of key local public affairs programs and projects. This position reports to the EVP whose primary office is in San Jose; however, this position can be based in San Jose or Orange County.
This position may also assist the association’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the absence of the CEO’s office director.
The successful individual must be discreet, maintain a high level of confidentiality, anticipate needs of the team, have impeccable organizational skills, and proactively resolve issues.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Manage Local Governance & Member Engagement Process
- Manage logistics for meetings of the Local Advisory Councils (LAC) including agenda development, council member recruitment, meeting scheduling, and appropriate follow-up
- Ensure the timely communication of information to the LACs as required
- Develop action reports/summaries for designated committee meetings and ensure proper distribution and follow up on action items
- Maintain electronic and hard copy materials for meetings and assist board & committee members with accessing materials
- Together with the EVP and senior team lead planning and execution of LAC meetings and related events
- Manage the LAC member recruitment and new LAC member orientation in various regions
- Ensure proper follow up on tasks and action items from LAC and committee meetings
- Serve as member of the local public affairs leadership team to execute and support strategic priorities and work with all members of the team to ensure delivery of projects
- Manage EVP’s schedule including prioritizing appointments, arranging meetings/conference calls, planning travel, manage department budget and expenses, ensure EVP is properly prepared for on-site and off-site meetings, and ensure appropriate follow-up
Meeting & Events Logistics Management
- Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings including agenda development, logistics management, catering, audio/visual needs, and attendee management
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of targeted public affairs events including fundraisers, VIP receptions, and local membership meetings as assigned by the EVP.
- Duties include
but not limited to managing all aspects of certain events including marketing,
venue sourcing, registration, catering, audio-visual equipment setup, program
development and management
- Write and edit emails, memos, board reports and other written materials with minimal supervision and required editing
- Create PowerPoint Presentations and draft talking points for presentations and speaking engagements
- Assist Grassroots Program Coordinator with member mobilization efforts
Special Project Management
- Manage special projects assigned by the Executive Vice President
- Proactively identify and champion ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the local public affairs team and enhance communication, information sharing and resource development
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify and cultivate opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline workflow
Qualifications Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent technical skills in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook as well as Salesforce
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Discrete professional with strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle confidential information and the build relationships across the organization.
- Customer service orientation, pleasant and upbeat attitude, strong work ethic, and desire to help
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with excellent follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with change and flexible.
- Ability to craft verbal and written communication with a keen sense of relationship-building and customer service
- Strong organization and project management skills - ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details, and to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.