StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading global provider of GLP-compliant clinical research and preclinical necropsy, histology, pathology, image analysis and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. In addition to a GLP/GCLP-compliant lab facility in Germany, we operate locations in VA, OH, MA and MD, with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of 30 board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 75 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified international commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
StageBio is seeking a full-time Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Technician to join our Frederick, MD facility.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop immunohistochemistry protocols and adhere to written SOPs
- Perform automated and bench-top IHC
- Perform microtomy and cryotomy
- Effectively collaborate with team members and clients
- Various administrative duties to include recording and maintaining detailed records
- Work independently and troubleshoot technical problems
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum 3 years of related experience as a histologic technician in a preclinical setting with concentration in veterinary histopathology and IHC techniques
- QIHC certified IHC Technician or eligible, certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral and written communication, problem solving, adaptability, and teamwork
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, or in situ hybridization
- Experience with Biocare, Leica and Ventana IHC equipment is preferred; cryotomy experience required
- Experience with RNAscope desirable
- Salary commensurate with experience
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, 401(k) with company match and life insurance for employees and dependents, flexible hours, flexible paid time off and paid holidays. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.