This is a hybrid position that requires in-person, on-site training, and weekly in-person meetings. Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge is seeking a full-time Disaster Case Manager (DCM). The Disaster Case Manager (DCM) is responsible for conducting client intake and assessments and needs caused by the disaster. Identify milestones and develop recovery plans. Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates individual service plans to include goal attainment and outcome measures for each client. Monitors recovery plan progress and link clients to appropriate community resources and supports. This position requires maintaining external relationships and representing the agency to the public, as such it requires a polished business-like demeanor and professional appearance, which excludes unnatural hair color, conspicuous body art, and facial piercings. Although not guaranteed, this position is anticipated to last 12 months.
• Bachelors’ Degree in social work or related field is REQUIRED.
• Required minimum of 2 years experience as a member of a state or federal disaster recovery program, or equivalent experience commensurate with the ability to perform the necessary duties
• Completion of background checks such as driving record, criminal record, and sex offense registry, state and local police records, or national sources such as FBI and E-Verify as required by funding agencies or determined necessary by Catholic Charities and results must be satisfactory to CCDBR, its representatives, employees, or agents as an essential requirement of employment.
• Valid Driver’s license and current proof of insurance required
• Knowledge of the FEMA Disaster Case Management program
• Knowledge of the operational and regulatory aspects of FEMA Individual Assistance programs
• Verbal and written fluency in Spanish preferred
• Ability to work irregular hours at short notice, when needed
• Excellent crisis intervention skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office platform
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect families to services
• Attention to detail and ability to balance multiple simultaneous responsibilities
• Ability to think strategically & creatively problem solve
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team and build strong working relationships
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide holistic disaster case management services using a trauma-informed care approach
• Case file maintenance, data entry, and reporting
• Represent CCDBR at community outreach events and other meetings as required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Must be able to lift 5 to 20 lbs. occasionally; the position requires the employee to walk, stoop, lift, bend, squat, kneel, climb, etc. Sitting for 6 to 7 hours a day is expected for this position. Driving a motor vehicle for several hours at a time is expected up to 70%.
• Travel/ Area Visits Clients’ homes damaged areas due to natural disasters. In-office lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Weekly team meetings and file reviews will generally occur within the office environment, with standard office equipment available.
• Remote work may be temporarily permitted at times
• When the agency responds to disasters, the employee may be requested to perform duties outside of the primary job responsibilities both in the office and at off-site locations affected by the disaster
Job Type: Temporary, Full–Time, Exempt
Catholic Charities is a mission-based organization and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider it a privilege to serve people of all faiths and socio-economic backgrounds. Our leadership is mission-driven, energetic, disciplined, and self-motivated. We value diversity, service, compassion, and accountability; we hold ourselves responsible for delivering outcomes that change people’s lives and our community.