The Documents Archive Assistant is a full time, TEMPORARY position expected to last UP TO SIX MONTHS and responsible for following workflows and procedures defined by a clients document retention policy and will require the scanning, imaging and import of existing paper documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extremely proficient use of the Microsoft Windows computer is required.
- Perform an audit of electronic and paper resources and archive and/or shred based on applicable record retention policies.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document disposition of existing paper files.
- Implement scanning or other automated data entry procedures, using imaging devices and document imaging software.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of cataloging and archiving techniques.
- Ability to decipher handwritten documents.
- Ability to research and investigate, both online and traditional.
- A propensity for accuracy and completeness in regard to data entry and filing.
- Experience with the use of various storage media, such as digital and paper.
Reports directly to the organization’s Operations Manager. Works in a dedicated capacity of the document archive project.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
Reliable transportation is required. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common. This job posting is not a comprehensive job description and does not include all essential job duties related to this position. Must be able to multi-task, work well under stressful conditions and work with minimum day to day supervision.
Paid time off