This is a full time (40+ hour) position with expected working hours from 9:00AM thru 6:00PM Monday thru Friday (occasional night and periodic weekend projects).
The Network Support Technician and Server Administrator will serve as high level support for clients seeking assistance with issues. They will be responsible for aiding with network and server installation, configuration and administration.
This position maintains data and voice communications equipment, troubleshoots server and network hardware and software problems, and responds to inquiries from end-users from various organizations: through remote support of a RMM and providing field based on-site support.
This position requires the desire to continue to learn about new technologies and look for ways to implement them within client organizations, and to research the latest information technology security trends and threats.
- Associates or Vocational Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent of A+ Certification, and Network+ Certification or similar experience and/or MINIMUM of TWO years of IT or IT Support or related experience is recommended.
- Experience with troubleshooting Microsoft products and related applications in business environments is REQUIRED.
- CTS/MSCA/MCITP in any Server or Azure technology preferred.
- Knowledge of server backup and recovery software application concepts is REQUIRED.
- Familiar with security software and troubleshooting services affected by these software applications is REQUIRED.
- Advanced knowledge of IP networking (TCP/IP) and commonly associated services (DHCP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and experience administering Active Directory users and groups is REQUIRED.
- The ability to make decisions quickly and decisively, often with limited information provided is required.
- Monitor client organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate potential policy violations when they occur.
- Help to maintain the client organization’s cybersecurity plan.
- Assist end-users when they need to install or learn about new software, hardware or security products and/or procedures.
- Perform periodic hardware, software and security audits as needed.
- Perform regular maintenance to ensure that networks operate correctly.
- Troubleshoot local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Internet systems.
- Prioritize issues and escalate when necessary.
- Regularly analyze and review logs to determine if problems are imminent and develop solutions before they occur.
- Help maintain network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly.
- Solve problems quickly when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts of issues.
- Prepare training materials and train users on the proper use of hardware, software; use new features of existing software; etc.
- Troubleshoot and analyze software, and hardware to identify issues and propose solutions.
- Document all support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Test and evaluate computer hardware, software, and/or systems (networks).
- Perform periodic maintenance of the computer network (WAN/LAN, hardware, and software).
- Ability to communicate with customers, vendors, management, and coworkers is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and communications and duties.
- The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 60% of the time, as well as the ability to use a computer while sitting for extended periods is very common. Must also be able to position self to maintain equipment, including under tables and desks.
- Occasional heavy lifting is required, though regular exertion of 50 lbs. or less of force (e.g., picking up and carrying servers / batteries) may be routine. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions is recommended.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and contribute to a team environment.
- Possess a strong commitment to quality customer service and the ability to write and speak in a concise, clear and polite manner, including skills with communicating product/service-related concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must make decisions quickly, often with limited information, and work well in high-pressure situations (e.g., computer or system shutdowns).
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm in addition to the ability of understanding and following written and verbal instructions is required.
- MUST be able to pass comprehensive background check.
Reports directly to the organization’s Service Manager and/or Systems Engineer. Works in conjunction with Support Service and Operations
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL
Local area travel is required, as is valid Drivers License, proof of automobile insurance and reliable transportation. The job is performed 95% indoors and 5% outdoors. Extended periods of sitting while using a computer or other devices are common. This job posting is not a comprehensive job description and does not include all essential job duties related to this position.
- Paid time off
- Travel Reimbursement
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts
- Parental leave
- Retirement benefits