Come work with the best of the best! Cask was named the ServiceNow Americas Elite Partner of the Year – the only partner named as such, out of more than 250 eligible partners – the highest possible achievement. We are a leading Management and Technology Consulting firm specializing in providing business and technical expertise to clients - join us in providing innovative solutions to our customer’s many challenging issues.
The ServiceNow Architect (SA) role is accountable for all aspects of the technical solution and implementation from initiation through closeout of Cask customer projects. The SA leads onsite and virtual technical requirements gathering workshops with Cask customers to capture all requirements necessary to implement the solution on the ServiceNow platform. The SA provides consultative guidance to the customer, and designs the overall solution based on ServiceNow and industry specific best practices. The requirements are documented in User Stories by the SA, who will then serve as scrum master, leading activities including sprint planning, daily standup, sprint demos, technical escalations, QA testing, release management, and knowledge transfer. Additionally, the following are typical activities expected of the ServiceNow Architect role:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design, development and implementation of the following capabilities within ServiceNow platform:
- ITSM, ITOM, SAM, SecOps, GRC, HRSD, Service Portal
- Lead requirements gathering workshops to provide technical guidance, and assist with capturing all necessary business, functional and technical requirements necessary to design and implement the solution
- Research and evaluate technical solutions to make informed recommendations on the most appropriate, efficient and cost-effective solution based on the customer requirements and the statement of work
- Designs data model and architecture required to implement solution using technology specific best practices and standards.
- Refine Agile Stories to accurately document the appropriate level of technical detail for a developer to implement
- Lead daily scrum calls with the development team
- Provide technical guidance and serve as an escalation point for the development team
- Support and coordinate scheduling and execution of releases, product upgrades, new technology deployments.
- Produces and maintains detailed knowledge transfer documentation including design specs, maintenance, troubleshooting, deployment, technical notes, and testing, etc.
- Proactively maintain knowledge and understanding of the latest ServiceNow features and product offerings
- Perform and participate in product roadmap planning
- Identify trends across customer implementations to improve future implementations
- Driving continual service improvement through establishment of best practices, reusable assets and refinement of the implementation processes
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are vital to success in the role.
- Operate in a fast-paced environment where you will be responsible for driving multiple customer projects in parallel
- Ability to understand and translate user requirements into technical best practice solutions that align with customer expectations
- Comfortable interfacing with all levels of customer stakeholders
- Ability to listen, interpret, strategize and consult on complex business processes and technical concepts
- Fundamental understanding of the ServiceNow platform and underlying capabilities in order to design strategic solutions that avoids unnecessary customizations or technical debt that may pose a risk to future upgrades or platform stability
- Rigorous attention to detail in understanding and documenting nuanced technical concepts
- Practical experience with agile methodologies/tools.
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of advanced administration, configuration and development experience on the ServiceNow platform
- Five years of professional IT experience
- Professional consulting experience preferred
- ITIL v3 or higher certification preferred
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator preferred (Current Release)*
- Current ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist preferred (Current Release)*
*All Cask ServiceNow Architects must be Certified Administrators and hold at least one CIS Certification by the end of their first 90 days