The Timios team was started in 2008, since then we have grown into a leader in many facets of the real estate industry. Our company is comprised of entrepreneurial minded staff that work hard to gain the knowledge they need to provide top quality customer service to our clients which opens the path for potential advancement within the company. We are looking for hard working, smart, and nice individuals seeking a rewarding long term career with a forward looking company offering room for advancement, great benefits, and a fun, hard-working work environment.
The REO Title Officer will complete final
determinations of title insurability; evaluates a variety of documents related
to determination of title; interprets customer instructions, prepares
abstracts, and resolves title problems; may provide lead direction to staff in selected
- Evaluates preliminary title reports to determine insurability, with primary accountability for satisfaction of title underwriting requirements
- Reviews and approves searches of title in accordance with established procedures to determine the condition of title and the effect of deeds, trust deeds, mortgages, quitclaim deeds, easements, tax liens, assessments, mechanics' liens, probates, foreclosures, forfeitures and other conveyances and encumbrances necessary to issue various standard form policies
- Reviews customer instructions to determine whether instructions can be met within the limits of the policy requested and the scope of services rendered by the company
- Seek out and interpret guidance from outside counsel and underwriters, and communicate that guidance to both in-house teams and external clients, creating a clear path to transaction closure.
- Attend and participate in continuing education
provided by the Company and its Underwriters in order to maintain and grow
personal knowledge of underwriting principles
Minimum of 2 years experience as a Title Officer
Can communicate conversationally in the English language
Minimum 2 years experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Reader and the Internet
Must be able to understand and amend the following: ALTA 2006 Title Commitment, Texas T-2 Commitment for Title Insurance, and California Prelim
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work under deadlines and keep tight schedules
Work well in a team environment
1-2 years in a customer service or call center role
Entrepreneurial attitude with an eagerness to learn new aspects of the industry
1 year in a corporate office environment
This position requires sitting for up to 2 hours at a time
Must be able to work a computer with keyboard and mouse repetitively
Some stooping, bending and lifting up to 25lbs.
Must be able to read small print
Moderate phone and email use
Moderate noise levels inside the office
Timios is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of employees because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. For questions about any of these protected categories please see Human Resources.