The Timios team was started in 2008, since then we have grown into a leader in many facets of the real estate industry. Our company is comprised of entrepreneurial minded staff that work hard to gain the knowledge they need to provide top quality customer service to our clients which opens the path for potential advancement within the company. We are looking for hard working, smart, and nice individuals seeking a rewarding long term career with a forward looking company offering room for advancement, great benefits, and a fun, hard-working work environment.
The Operations Assistant will take on the responsibilities of performing essential preliminary functions on a transaction. This is a hybrid position combining the duties of a Vendor Coordinator, Tax Specialist, Policy Specialist, and Title Searcher.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Locating and coordinating vendors for abstract assignment and delivery as well as notary/signing coordination
- Fielding inbound and outbound calls/emails for customer service and to communicate transaction requirements, as well as contacting proper authorities for a variety of payoff retrieval/research elements, and delivery of documents
- Initial document preparation and delivery for the following: deeds, affidavits, subordinations, tax certificates, Final Title Policy, payoffs, HUD/CD statements, escrow impounds, recordable documents (delivery-only) to the county
- Performs initial "handshaking" of all-parties involved in the transaction signing
- Review title and escrow documents
- Locate, understand, and utilize state-specific underwriting tools
- Begin title curative process to move file to "clear to close" status
- Perform basic financial operations (auditing a trial balance and invoice reconciliation)
- Follow all SOP’s as they apply to each task
Assist Tier 2 employees, and team with other duties as necessary.
Qualifications -To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Position requires exceptional thoroughness, attention to detail, and follow-through.
Education And/Or Experience
Four year degree and/or equivalent experience. Preferred minimum 2 years industry experience in mortgage, escrow, title, or banking. Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Reader
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
Ability to read and interpret documents.
Ability to speak effectively before the team of employees or other members of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and utilize the talents of the team to the fullest potential.
Ability to communicate in a high pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk back and forth through the office; stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Communicate via email and telephone. Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
Must be able to work on a computer monitor for 95% of the day.
The work environment can be fast paced with strict deadlines that must be met.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Timios provides a supportive and forward thinking environment. We value our team members and are continually seeking ways to improve their work experience and work/life balance. We are always developing ways to improve our processes and services, looking towards growth and longevity in our respective markets. Come grow with us!
Timios is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of employees because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. For questions about any of these protected categories please see Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time