An excellent payroll clerk has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have good math skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities.
Payroll Clerk Responsibilities:
- Collecting and verifying timekeeping information for all employees
- Maintains payroll information by collecting and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Payroll Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization
Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills