Job Title: Senior Manager, Order to Cash Operations
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: Durham, North Carolina (remote will be considered)
Pairwise is a mission-driven, food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Pairwise was founded in 2017 by scientists at Harvard University, MIT, and Broad Institute who are eminent in the field of gene editing, as well as biotechnology industry pioneers. Our team is tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. We are primed to deliver that innovation through the best gene-editing platform in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive r research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries and stone fruit, with the first product expected in 2023. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
About This Role:
We are seeking a candidate for our Financial Controller team, for the role of Senior Manager, Order to Cash Operations. This role will be responsible for overseeing the development of Pairwise’s order to cash strategy, process and related system development and integration. This role will be responsible for the daily operations of the order to cash function as we launch our first consumer products as well as accounts receivable, reconciliation, and customer experience and fulfillment. As our business scales and expands, this individual will be responsible for building out the team necessary to meet order to cash needs at the appropriate time. This person will be a key contributor to the future technology needs and long-term vision of optimized fulfillment and supply chain excellence.
• Develop optimal architecture for customer fulfillment and accounts receivable functions from processes to NetSuite workflows, including:
o Collaborate across necessary functions and subject matter experts internally and externally to understand business requirements that will enable the successful launch of our first consumer products and customer sales.
o Identify necessary process and system adjustments.
o Key contact for NetSuite Consultant in buildout of the solution functionality and integration with the ERP system.
o Partner with sales function and software engineering to enable necessary connections to customer systems.
o End to end Customer Service and Order Experience Ownership at launch of commercial products.
• Oversee day-to-day customer fulfillment and accounts receivable functions following launch of commercial operations, including:
o Ensure completeness in the capture of customer orders for accurate reporting of backlog.
o Partner with supply chain via demand capture communication and order management to enable fulfillment.
o Perform initial Accounts Receivable function, including invoicing, cash application, claims and deduction management plus return and refusal management.
o Establish and manage customer credit and payment terms, escalate and manage collection issues.
o Develop bad debt reserve policy and propose periodic reserve adjustments as well as necessary write-offs.
• Proactively identify best practices, automation and standardization wherever possible to enable successful scaling of the business.
• Propose structure and/or staffing changes to optimize team performance.
• Ability to lead by influence and work autonomously in an ambiguous environment to solve complex business problems.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience.
• Order to Cash systems integration expertise; NetSuite ERP experience preferred.
• 10 years Order to Cash experience, including Customer Fulfillment, Accounts Receivable and Reconciliation management.
• Experience working with complex supply chains preferred.
• Broad working knowledge across business functions as well as a skilled collaborator and communicator.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves and build something from the ground up.
• Able to articulate a vision and goals and work towards achieving the same.
• People Leadership experience preferred.
• Start-up experience a big plus.
• Comprehensive Benefits Plan, including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, 401k, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, and more!
• Flexible PTO (use what you need, when you need it), in addition to company holidays.
• Casual work environment.
• Mission-driven organization focused on creating healthier fruits and veggies.
• A cutting-edge, driven community looking to lead the industry in innovation and nutrition.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Pairwise we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.