Job Title: HR/Operations and Office Coordinator
Reporting to: HR, Director
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Pairwise is a mission-driven, food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Pairwise was founded in 2017 by scientists at Harvard University, MIT, and Broad Institute who are eminent in the field of gene editing, as well as biotechnology industry pioneers. Our team is tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. We are primed to deliver that innovation through one of the best gene-editing platforms in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive 5-year research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola, and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries, and stone fruit, with the first product expected in late 2023. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
About This Role:
Our growing HR Team is looking for someone to join our team to support the HR/Operations coordination and Office coordination needs of our teams. This is an on-site role that will be playing a critical role in the success and function of our HR/Operations Team, in particular the Recruitment process, as well as the Administrative Teams. This individual will be working on varied tasks and processes including HR support functions, candidate communication, logistics and scheduling for candidate interviews, maintaining employee support programs, and more. This role needs someone who is energetic, organized, detail-oriented, efficient, reliable, a strong communicator, flexible, and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks and work; even beyond this job description as the company grows and changes. A sense of curiosity is a must; we’re looking for someone who is excited to take on additional tasks as they continue to grow and develop with the company.
• Supporting reoccurring HR processes, and communicating with various stakeholders.
• Supporting candidates in communications and questions during the interview process.
• Greet candidates and provide an exceptional interview experience. Assist in managing on-site interview sessions.
• Communicate with onboarding teams about new hires, complete assigned onboarding tasks, and support updates and maintenance in employee support programs (i.e. travel agency, etc…).
• Maintain job description and open roles posting process to recruiting platforms and ATS. Support of resume review process. Track and report on recruiting statistics.
• Working with others in HR to schedule and coordinate candidate interviews.
• Manage company mail at North Carolina sites.
• Order and maintain office supplies for North Carolina sites.
• Data entry and tracking and organization of employee files.
• Monitor and order supplies, as needed.
• Helping with lunch orders, planning, setting up and cleaning up special employee events.
• Help coordinate team building events, taking pictures, and posting to Social Media.
• Work with Leadership to celebrate and recognize fellow employees.
• Support the Administrative Team for various projects and initiatives.
• As well as other projects/functions as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
• High School degree, or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1-2 years Human Resources or General Operations experience in a corporate setting.
• 1-2 years’ Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) a plus.
• Casual work environment. • Mission-driven organization focused on creating healthier fruits and veggies.
• A cutting-edge, driven community looking to lead the industry in innovation and nutrition.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.