Job Title: Senior Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Head, Marketing & Communications
Location: Durham, North Carolina (hybrid remote/on-site possible)
Pairwise is a mission-driven, food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Pairwise was founded in 2017 by scientists at Harvard University, MIT, and Broad Institute who are eminent in the field of gene editing, as well as biotechnology industry pioneers. Our team is tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. We are primed to deliver that innovation through one of the best gene-editing platforms in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive 5-year research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola, and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries, and stone fruit, with the first product expected in 2023. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
About This Role
Our team is looking for a curious and disciplined Senior Marketing Coordinator to join our growing Marketing and Communications team. The right candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, with some knowledge and/or experience with social media, marketing collateral, and marketing analytics. He/she will provide vital support to both corporate communications activities and to marketing efforts for our Conscious FoodsTM fresh produce brand.
The successful candidate will:
• Be organized and be able to effectively manage multiple tasks
• Be open to learning new skills
• Be a skilled verbal and written communicator who can build support for their ideas, drive progress toward organizational goals, and build win-win relationships with cross-functional team-members and supplier partners
• Be energized by the fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture of our mission-driven company
Brand Building and Stewardship
• Participate in annual marketing planning, conducting web research and contributing creative ideas.
• Coordinate team meetings, such as daily stand-ups, monthly meetings, and team building events; capture and distribute meeting notes and action items.
• Maintain an internal marketing and communications calendar.
• Aggregate and organize all marketing assets, including:
o Digital assets
o Marketing and sales collateral materials
o PPT slide decks o Communications reference guides
o Branded swag
• Support creation and production of Conscious Foods coupons. Manage redemption reporting.
• Support, maintain, and distribute lead cultivation lists.
• Conduct daily monitoring of inbound emails for both Pairwise and Conscious Foods.
• Participate in community management activities for owned social media channels.
• Track and report on marketing and communications KPIs, using Google Analytics, eCRM, and social media reporting tools.
• Support trade shows and events, including logistics, activation/experience details, and talking points.
Thought Leadership and Outreach
• Maintain external communications calendars, specifically:
o Speaking and conferences
o Media articles/journalist interviews/podcasts
• Provide assets and images to support media outreach.
• Support the development of external PowerPoint presentations for speaking engagements.
• With guidance, develop blog posts and social media content.
Required Education & Experience
• 1-3 years of experience supporting marketing and/or communications activities for a company or organization, or in an academic setting.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications required. Knowledge of Canva, Google Analytics, CMS, or Hubspot, a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to set clear priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Comprehensive Benefits Plan, including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, 401k, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, and more!
• Flexible PTO (use what you need, when you need it), in addition to company holidays
• Casual work environment
• Mission-driven organization focused on creating healthier fruits and veggies.
• A cutting-edge, driven community looking to lead the industry in innovation and nutrition.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.