Job Title: Intern, Commercial
Reporting to: Sr Manager, Business Development & Planning
Location: Durham, North Carolina or Remote
Pairwise is a mission-driven, food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Pairwise was founded in 2017 by scientists at Harvard University, MIT, and Broad Institute who are eminent in the field of gene editing, as well as biotechnology industry pioneers. Our team is tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. We are primed to deliver that innovation through one of the best gene-editing platforms in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive 5-year research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola, and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries, and stone fruit, with the first product expected in late 2023. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
About This Role:
We are seeking passionate, engaging, ready-to-learn interns to join us for Summer 2022. We are looking for interns with majors in: Biology, Molecular Biology, Genomics, Statistics, Plant Science, Botany, Food Science, Business, Marketing, Facilities Management, and more. Pairwise offers the opportunity of getting to work with industry leading scientists and professionals in a cutting edge, industry changing, food+tech company. Our interns will be integrated with our teams here at Pairwise to allow for hands on learning in a fast-paced start-up environment. Interns will also have season long cap-stone projects that will add real value and help the team resolve real-world challenges they are currently facing. We like to have fun at Pairwise, so the summer won’t be all work and no play! Pairwise interns will not only have “Intern Only” meeting sessions to talk about their experience and share thoughts and feedback with each other, but will also have events to help with career and educational planning, and team building trips to share in the fun of summer in North Carolina.
• Assist and support commercial team members on advancing soon-to-launch product lines including initial market activation, strategy implementation, and operational planning.
• Help design best practices, processes, metrics, and tactical plans to support internal activities and external touchpoints that will enable sales and operations.
• Conduct analyses and suggest recommendations through data-driven processes.
• Cross functional collaboration to solicitate feedback and ensure requirements are met for teams outside of commercial.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to independently multitask and manage time effectively.
• Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
Required Education & Experience:
• A student currently enrolled in an MBA program.
• Paid internship experience in a field relevant to your studies!
• Real-world, industry work experience.
• Casual work environment.
• Mission-driven organization focused on creating healthier fruits and veggies.
• A cutting-edge, driven community looking to lead the industry in innovation and nutrition.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.