Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: HR Business Partner
Location: Durham, NC, USA
Pairwise is a mission-driven food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Founded in 2017 by eminent scientists in the gene editing and biotechnology fields, Pairwise holds licenses from Harvard and Massachusetts General Hospital to base editing and high-fidelity enzymes. We also are tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. Our team is primed to deliver that innovation through one of the best gene-editing platforms in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive 5-year research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola, and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries, and stone fruit, with the first product expected in early 2022. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
About This Role:
Pairwise is looking for an experienced, professional, organized, and engaging individual to join us as an Administrative Assistant. This person will not only support designated members of our Leadership Team but will also work with our other Administrators to ensure smooth coordination of calendars, logistical work, and other support tasks. We need someone with agility and accuracy, who can keep up with shifting priorities, all while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism. Our company is growing quickly with a strong pipeline of exciting new products coming in the next few years, and we are looking for someone who is just as excited and passionate about our company and its mission as we are, and wants to grow with us as we bring our mission to life.
· Support to designated Pairwise Leadership Team (LT) members in all administrative duties and tasks. Assists the broader leadership team in administrative duties as required.
· Anticipate LT members needs, ensure efficient management of their calendars & protect time as appropriate.
· Schedule meetings, organize calendars, and manage conference room schedules as assigned; maintain master corporate calendar.
· Manage complex domestic and international travel arrangements including airfare, hotel, and transportation.
· Coordination of scheduling and management of logistics for all board and investor meetings
· Liaise with visitors, investors, vendors and candidates as required for LT support.
· Interface and navigate meeting technologies including a company conference call for LT members ex: Virtual Meetings, Outlook Calendars, Setting up projection and presentations with various types of equipment.
· Compile and Edit PowerPoint presentations; assist with document creation and editing as required.
· Ensure proper document management for LT members.
· Process expense reports.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Work together with a strong team mentality and cohesiveness to ensure achievement of Administrative and LT goals.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
· Associate degree required, Bachelors’ Degree, preferred.
· Prefer at least 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or support of Executive Management at C-Suite.
· Must have at least 3 years of proficiency and advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Experience in AgTech or other technology-focused industries, preferred.
· Collaborates in a positive and effective manner with other team members with respect to administrative responsibilities and assignments of the Pairwise Leadership Team (LT).
· Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
· Ability to stay calm and solution-focused in high-stress situations.
· Strong interpersonal and professional boundaries.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
· Possess a positive attitude and optimistic outlook.
· Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starter.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Results and goals oriented.
- · Comprehensive Benefits Plan, including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, 401k, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, and more!
- · Flexible PTO (use what you need, when you need it), in addition to company holidays
- · Casual work environment.
- · Mission-driven organization focused on creating healthier fruits and veggies
- · A cutting-edge, driven community looking to lead the industry in innovation and nutrition
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.