Pairwise is a mission-driven food+tech company dedicated to building a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables. Founded in 2017 by eminent scientists in the gene editing and biotechnology fields, Pairwise holds licenses from Harvard and Massachusetts General Hospital to base editing and high-fidelity enzymes. We also are tuned in to consumer food trends, and we believe that consumers deserve more variety and innovation in their fresh food choices. Our team is primed to deliver that innovation through one of the best gene-editing platforms in food and agriculture. Pairwise has an exclusive 5-year research collaboration with Bayer to develop products in corn, soybean, wheat, canola, and cotton. Plus, Pairwise is developing new types of leafy greens, berries, and stonefruit, with the first product expected in early 2022. Pairwise is based in the start-up friendly Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina.
Pairwise is looking for a HR Generalist to help support our growing organization hire the best and brightest candidates and be recognized as an employer of choice. Setting up best recruiting practices and building a pipeline of candidates will be the first projects to tackle, while building relationships with schools and organizations that work closely with Pairwise. HR at Pairwise is highly involved in the business, so this person will wear many hats. Other areas include being a Culture Champion, working in our HRIS, creating programs that support the growth and development of our people and the business, and having fun at work.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain a talent pool for the organization’s current and future hiring needs.
- Recommend and implement proactive talent sourcing programs to build a talent pipeline for key roles and hard-to-fill positions with a deep understanding the competitive talent marketplace.
- Manage candidate flow and communications, including temperature-checks and rejections.
- Advise and coordinate with managers on staffing needs through the full talent acquisition cycle, including: posting the position, sourcing and interviewing potential candidates, scheduling interviews, extending offers, and conducting background checks.
- Manage candidate interview schedule with candidate, HR and the rest of the hiring team.
- Ensure a high-quality candidate experience through professional and timely communications.
- Leads the coordination of onboarding and offboarding responsibilities, helping teammates feel part of the team and integrated quickly, or to transition respectfully.
- Manage HRIS system and answer questions regarding benefits enrollments, HR Data, and terminations.
- Help interpret company policies, processes, and procedures and answer questions at all levels.
- Help coordinate office culture activities including Happy Hours, Celebrations, Team Building Events, delivering Swag, etc.
- Track and coordinate Leaves of Absence, including related paperwork and employee, manager, and payroll communications.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting team on payroll and benefits needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Excellent communicator, including strong active listening, verbal, and written skills.
- Successful influencer who can help leaders make good decisions.
- A self-starter who can flex between working independently or with a team, and who is pro-active and curious about our business.
- A trusted partner who can build strong relationships, even if not working in the same physical space with teammates.
- Excited to be a part of building the direction of the people strategy.
- Highly organized with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Adaptable to fluctuating business needs.
- Passionate about building culture, building relationships, loves HR and has fun at work (it’s one of our values!)
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related is required.
- 3-5+ years of progressive talent acquisition, human resources, or people ops experience is required.
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment, or experience in working remotely, is preferred.
- Working knowledge of labor laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with various sourcing channels, tools, and technology.
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods.
- Experience with a variety of HR systems and databases, such as an ATS, HRIS, or employee engagement tool.
- SHRM or HRCI certification(s) preferred.