Pairwise, a fast-growing start-up, is looking to add a skilled communications manager to its Commercial Team, reporting to the Lead, Marketing. Our mission is to build a healthier world through better fruits and vegetables, and we are looking for the right candidate to tell the story of our mission and work to external audiences in order to drive our growth. Are you a deft writer and savvy verbal communicator? Are you a coalition builder? Are you experienced in developing and implementing omni-channel communications strategies and campaigns? Then consider Pairwise.
1) Stakeholder Communications
- Create and implement stakeholder messaging campaigns, leveraging support from agency partners and in tandem with Lead, Marketing. Successful campaigns will enable achievement of key communications goals and further organizational growth.
- Develop thought leadership presentations and content for industry events or stakeholder groups.
- Become an active and valued opinion leader with key stakeholders, including NGOs, trade associations, and other partners.
- Develop and distribute regular email digests to key stakeholder audiences via platform.
- Partner with Regulatory and Quality team to support policy communications.
- Conduct research and gain support from academic and cause validators.
2) Media Relations
- Build strong relationships with journalists in target channels and outlets, resulting in positive, high impact earned coverage with defined stakeholder audiences.
- Cultivate relationships and secure coverage with journalists/outlets in targeted verticals. ep and provide ongoing training to Leadership Team; maintain Communications Reference Guide.
- Facilitate interviews and edits, manage digital / audio tools, create and provide images, graphics, and video, often with support from external agencies.
- Work with Lead and agencies to write and distribute press releases, coordinate site visit agendas, and brief cross-functional teams to ensure success.
- Work with Lead, Marketing to assess effectiveness and continuous improvement of media relations efforts.
3) Content Development
- Develop compelling, differentiated content, including videos, short form digital, white papers, and blog posts, for use in owned and earned channels.
- Develop and publish new content for Pairwise.com.
- Develop a robust content calendar and deploy content, with support from agency partners, through Pairwise owned social media channels: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, /Vimeo.
- Manage social media communities and hit defined targets.
- Monitor sentiment.
- Engage with affiliated content.
- Track, interpret, and present digital KPIs to company leadership.
4) Annual Planning and Marketing Activities
- Develop annual communications and stakeholder engagement plans, in tandem with Lead, Marketing and other key internal stakeholders.
- Develop and manage annual Communications budget.
- Build relationships and drive projects with key agency / consulting partners.
- Support cross-functional brand projects, as assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- 8-10 Years of experience in communications, media relations, public relations, or content, in business or non-profit organizations, with at least 4 years in a managerial role.
- Scientific or technical writing experience a plus.
- Experience working in digital formats, including blogs, websites, social media, and video.
- Experience developing high-impact and/or TED Talk format presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, liberal arts, communications, or marketing. Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with extensive experience writing copy.
- Working knowledge of CMS, Google Analytics, Social Media Dashboards, and platforms.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (e.g. Camtasia) or Photoshop / InDesign a plus.
- A team player with the ability to create win-win relationships with colleagues, consultants, and agency partners.