We believe in the power of fruits and vegetables to change the world. And we’re doing it every day.
For generations, breeders have leveraged the natural diversity in plants to bring out traits that make them more nutritious, more convenient, more affordable, and more sustainable. The downside is that traditional breeding methods can take decades, even centuries, to produce the desired attributes.
With our industry-leading gene-editing platform, we can do it in years.
By harnessing the power of existing genetic varieties, we’re able to bring forward the good traits and leave the challenging ones behind—something that can’t be done with traditional breeding. This means heirloom tomatoes that are more flavorful but not as susceptible to disease, or mustard greens that are less tough but just as rich in vitamins.
The same genetic code is there, it’s simply been rearranged. At the end of the day, you get produce that’s naturally better. We’re excited to be putting our agri-science expertise to work to make one-of-a-kind fruits and vegetables that lead the way to better health for all.
We are now accepting resumes for a Head of Commercialization to join our team in either Durham, NC or somewhere in California.
The Head of Commercialization is a new position that will report to the Chief Business Officer. The successful candidate will be a senior leader within the organization and will have responsibility for developing and building the Pairwise berry business. This individual will work with partners, growers, and potentially retailers to launch new berry varieties, brand them and deliver a superior product to consumers. We are looking for a leader who is a great team player, works with traditional berry partners, and can communicate well with plant scientists.
They must have experience leading several facets of the supply chain – detailed knowledge of berry growing practices, agriculture operations, logistics, planning/scheduling, and inventory management. They should be adept at developing and executing process and understand best practices in similar fresh, agricultural environments. The right candidate will have demonstrated the ability to continuously improve a supply chain and manage complex customer needs.
The person we are looking for will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Logistics/Engineering/Supply Chain/Agriculture or related field.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 10 years of broad-based supply chain experience.
- Solid analytical skills and with an ability to translate data into fact-based decision making supporting strategic planning and organizational design/ hiring plan.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and stakeholder management.
- Effective in data gathering, able to work in an unstructured environment, strong communication skills and able to build partnerships internally and externally.
- Public speaking skills and ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-function audiences.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues across departments, geographic locations, and time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence not only C-level executives but family farm stakeholders.
- Learning agility with capability to learn and work in-depth in a technical field, specifically biotechnology and agronomics.
- High emotional intelligence and conflict resolution; able to effectively maintain relationships via flexibility, collaboration and negotiation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to set clear priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean concepts.
- Experience bringing new technologies into the berry category.
- Expected to travel for professional development and business meetings not likely to exceed 50% of the time. Domestic travel by plane or automobile most likely however some occasional international travel may be necessary.
This is a high-growth opportunity and we are looking for the supply chain expert looking to make the transition to a business leadership role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· This is a full-time position working approximately 40 hours per week.
· Supervisory Responsibility - None.
This position is expected to travel for professional development and business meetings not likely to exceed 50% of the time. Domestic travel by plane or automobile most likely however some occasional international travel may be necessary.
This position is in a professional office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, scanners and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel, and techniques that require fine motor skills and repetitive motions. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.