This position will report to the Regulatory Strategy Lead and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to lead the ongoing development, implementation and improvement of our product quality through an effective Quality Management System.
A well-qualified candidate has a demonstrable talent for details, a passion for quality and experience in leading a Quality Management System in a science-based organization. The role requires high skill in initiative and foresight, how to work effectively with others and solid experience in quality assurance and control. The ideal candidate is a reliable and competent leader who can assure the high quality of our operations so Pairwise can achieve the long-term success of our business.
- Take a lead role in developing, establishing and maintaining the quality management system, with a focus on ensuring compliance and delivering sustainable operations to achieve the highest level of business performance.
- Act as a valued partner in developing quality goals and objectives to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
- Lead drafting standard operating procedures and other required documentation.
- Collect, analyze and summarize quality trends and data, compile information into reports, and proactively identify, prioritize, communicate and resolve quality issues for continuous improvement.
- Develop and provide training as needed to ensure compliance and a safe work environment.
- Partner with function leaders to assess product and process quality-related issues and trends and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Regularly review current standards and policies.
- Conduct internal quality audits and facilitates audit preparations to ensure successful audits and external certifications.
- Act as the single point of contact for permits, audits, and inspections.
- Travel on occasion (5 to 10 percent of all work hours are spent traveling/related to travel).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ experience in agriculture or related field in quality and/or compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Leadership experience with great attention to detail and a results-driven approach.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Experience in the application of IT solutions to support business operations.
- Demonstrated successful collaborations across teams.
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members to become adopters of culture, processes, and tools.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in agricultural biotechnology quality management and/or product supply chains.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- High courage and candor.
- A proactive approach to collaboratively solving problems and setting priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent proficiency in IT solutions and approaches to Quality Management.
- High agility and ability to work in an evolving technical and innovative field.