Data Engineering Manager is responsible for building and maintaining data analytics infrastructure including data storage and processing capabilities, along with continued prototyping and testing of new tools and technologies to improve the ability of the business to derive value and insights from data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage activities of staff including hiring, training, coaching and disciplining.
- Assist team members with technical issues.
- Oversee maintenance of existing data analytics infrastructure, including ETL and database resources.
- Develop and execute plans for resource redundancy and contingency to insure reliable performance of production data analytics systems.
- Oversee maintenance and development of new data analytics processes (ETL).
- Coordinate with Product on developing a road-map for data analytics processing and execute this road-map.
- Coordinate with other departments within Technology to deploy and maintain data analytics infrastructure.
- Test and prototype new tools and technologies with the goal of improving the business' ability to derive value and insights from data.
- Deploy new technologies and tools---or coordinate with other departments within Technology to deploy---as robust production systems.
- One to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases, including a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Preferred Computer Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Database Software
- Development Software
- Project Management Software
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or university,
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs and theorems.
- Previous Experience with the travel industry.
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
- Voluntary Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k – Eligible after 6 months. There is no vesting period. BookIt.com® will match 100% of employee deferral up to 4.00% of pay
BookIt.com is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.