We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team!
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, planning, operation, security, and day to day management of the organization's network, servers, switches, network connected devices, and all data communications. Their primary purpose is to ensure production, quality assurance and development applications and services are properly tuned for optimal performance when deployed to the provided hardware. Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting the network, including planning and other activities reserved for the most complex
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Defines and implements network disaster recovery and hardware, software and information protection and file integrity.
- Ensures network security by insuring proper user accessibility and being able to reasonably guard against the most complex threats to security that will face our network, developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Install, administer, support, and maintain server hardware, peripherals, software, and operating systems.
- Assist in planning for the future strategy of networks and servers and provide budgetary information as needed.
- Maintain parity between production, QA, and development environments
- Ability to configure, manage, debug, secure, and scale LAMP stack (Centos preferred)
- Design, configure, implement, document, and manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems
- Fundamental understanding of Docker and Docker Compose
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source virtualization technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS, Google, or Azure is desired)
- Collaborate with developers to ensure new environments meet requirements and confirm to best practices
- Research and present new technologies and related tools to introduce in order to improve production systems and grow the agile development environment
- Participate in scheduled deployments, upgrades and maintenance of Linux systems as needed
- Ability to use various scripting languages
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k – Eligible after 6 months. There is no vesting period. BookIt.com® will match 100% of employee deferral up to 4.00% of pay
BookIt.com is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law