About Energize Ventures
Energize Ventures is a leading global alternative investment manager focused on accelerating digital transformation in energy and sustainability. Founded in 2016, Energize has funded 24 companies to date and is backed by strategic and institutional LPs including CDPQ, Invenergy, Schneider Electric, General Electric, Caterpillar, and more. With an unmatched depth and breadth of industry and operational expertise, Energize works in partnership with its portfolio companies to realize their full potential from the early stages of commercialization scaling to growth stage and into the public markets. Based in Chicago, we partner with world-class entrepreneurs to further the energy transition and decarbonize our global economy.
Become a part of the Energize Ventures investment team to deliver excellent returns across our portfolio and contribute to the firm’s reputation as the leading energy and sustainable technology venture investor. This role requires flexibility, a diverse skill set, and an ability to perform at a high level on multiple fronts. We are looking for a driven, hardworking, and experienced professional with a strong industry network.
This position will report to a Partner at Energize Ventures. The candidate will be responsible for helping with portfolio support, investment thesis research, and deal sourcing, and execution.
This is a full-time position located in downtown Chicago in office Monday – Thursday and work from home Friday’s. The intended start date for the role is Q1 2023.
- Drive due diligence processes including product and technical due diligence, competitive landscape research, market sizing, financial evaluation, and more
- Lead market research efforts and analyses on emerging sectors related to the energy transition and decarbonization
- Participate in portfolio company board governance as a board member or observer, own responsibility for generating portfolio commercial and operational value
- Support fund operations activities, including modeling valuations, portfolio performance, and reporting to our LPs
- Prepare presentation materials for the firm, limited partners, and portfolio companies
- Develop the skills to identify and track the most promising technologies and companies for potential investment
- Attend conferences and events to build out Energize’s deal pipeline and broader network
The successful candidate will enjoy being an individual contributor within a highly collaborative team. The ability to take risks and challenge investment views is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes. The ideal candidate will recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives and exhibit a desire to learn from others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present and share unique perspective including offering a contrary opinion
- Strong financial analysis skills, including ability to digest a financial model, identify and judge key drivers or vulnerabilities
- Strong diligence skills and an ability to quickly evaluate key questions, risks, or upside of an opportunity
- Self-motivated with a desire and willingness to learn, give and take feedback, and challenge conventional thinking
- Enthusiasm for emerging technology in sustainability, entrepreneurs, and ops
- Strong foundation of trustworthiness, ethical responsibility, transparency, credibility, and humility; team-player mindset and excellent at relationship management—particularly in the energy, industrial, and sustainability space
- Demonstrated interest in technology and its application in climate, energy, industry and sustainability
- Strong experience in industrial operations, technology, investment banking, consulting, ops, or venture investments would be a strong fit for this role
- Proven ability to source, evaluate, and structure investment opportunities in high-growth companies at the intersection of sustainability and technology
- 7+ years of working experience
Energize Ventures embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.