VP, Reporting and Analytics (Business Intelligence)
This position is responsible for the development of analytics, reporting and insight across business functions for the organization. The VP of Reporting and Analytics will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying reporting and business intelligence solutions across the enterprise. This goal will be achieved by working with cross-functional business teams and utilizing Postgres, BigQuery, and SQL data skills. This role is responsible for business intelligence (BI) tool implementation, consultation on reporting needs, development of reports and analytics for internal and external customers, quality control of the reporting output, and, over time, leadership of a growing analyst team.
This role will collaborate with all business units to ensure that reporting and analytics needs are not only being met but also anticipated. This position will provide leadership regarding reporting and BI solutions, as well as support and develop subject matter knowledge on reporting best practices for the benefit of internal and external stakeholders. The VP of Reporting and Analytics will ensure the effective design, build, deployment, documentation and maintenance of relational and multidimensional databases to support end-user processes.
The successful candidate will participate in aspects of the BI development life cycle, including: requirements gathering, data modeling, report design, QA testing, product deployment, and end-user support.
· Build knowledge and assist in the execution of the appropriate strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful development of BI reports, dashboards and scorecards
· Participate in the development and support of reporting solutions including: program modifications, performance tuning, problem solving, debugging, and unit testing.
· Lead implementation and management efforts for any additional BI tools acquired by the organization
· Collaborate across the business to understand broader business challenges.
· Design/maintain supporting workforce metrics and develop scalable analytics solutions (reports, dashboards, models)
· Generate and prepare reports, scorecards, and dashboards to support business owners and team objectives
· Assist in promotion of BI solutions through Development, QA, and Production environments
· Provide leadership and influence to evolve Vivante Health’s workforce analytics capabilities
· Proactively drive stakeholder awareness of analytic opportunities and ensure understanding of potential business applications
· Learn and abide by corporate data governance guidance
· Participate in data modeling and loading as required by the BI Tool in use
· Demonstrate learning agility by utilizing internal and external training opportunities to cross-train on Business Intelligence tools and database platforms such as: Metabase, Postgres (PSQL) and BigQuery in Healthcare and/or Regulated Cloud Environments
· Learn and demonstrate proficiency in adopting existing internal report and dashboard development methods
· Grow professionally to assume greater responsibilities for the activities listed above and demonstrate hands-on technical capability for development projects
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) and 7+ years of relevant work experience. Specific expertise and experience in the areas of data analytics, healthcare data, data warehousing, and BI tool implementation preferred
· Strong personal presence, leadership, and communication skills; capable of working effectively across the organization to support new approaches and build consensus
· Demonstrated ability to recognize and develop top talent to achieve mission-driven and operational goals
· Presents data informally and facilitates discussion regarding data outputs
· Collaborates with other internal team members to integrate solutions where additional data is required
· Leader with proven skills to implement and maintain BI tool including: engaging in joint development with application development teams, assisting user adoption, documenting and communicating standards and procedures
· Strong SQL development experience with solid understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database systems and designs required
· Experience developing and leading cohesive, cross-functional team
· Experience using BI Discovery oriented tools including familiarity with tool architectures, functions, and features required
· Experience in an Agile BI Reporting development environment highly desirable
· Strong knowledge of the US healthcare system and clinical data preferred
· Cloud native Database, BI & Architecture experience desired
· Prior experience collaborating with offshore development teams preferred
· Works efficiently and effectively under pressure and in loosely structured situations
· Quiet and professional dedicated workspace with secure high-speed internet access
· Detail-oriented, inquisitive, strong critical thinking, problem-solving in nature
· Experience in privacy-focused, regulated environments such as HIPAA desired
· Experience in other BI Tools, Google Cloud Platform, Python 3 & Pandas is a bonus