About Invest in Our Future
Invest in Our Future (IOF) is an innovative new philanthropic effort created to harness the power of historic new laws and vastly accelerate the country’s transition to a clean and equitable energy economy. IOF brings together the power of philanthropy and partner organizations to tackle the climate crisis in a way that bolsters America’s competitiveness in the 21st century. IOF will maintain a large and diverse portfolio of grantees, convene partners and stakeholders, provide technical assistance, and create a strategic hub that will pool and align major funding to ensure that the promise of the greatest investment in clean energy in U.S. history is realized.
The Program Manager works with the Program team to design and implement grantmaking priorities that advance IOF’s agenda. They manage an area of grantmaking, including researching and identifying potential grantees, engaging with grantees to shape proposed areas of work, and coordinating with the IOF operations team on grant execution. The Program Manager will also maintain relationships with relevant experts, connect and convene grantees and stakeholders, and track and evaluate the progress of grantees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Program team to develop and implement broad programmatic strategies and priorities.
- Develops, manages, and executes a philanthropic strategy and grant portfolio to accelerate clean energy development.
- Manages consultants and facilitates their engagement with the IOF team to assist with developing a multi-year strategy, identifying or engaging with partners and grantees, and executing on IOF’s priorities.
- Coordinates closely with organizations that have similar goals to IOF to accelerate federal funding of clean energy projects, and ensures strategies are complementary.
- Builds relationships with external issue experts to inform strategic priorities and grant-making.
- Represents IOF publicly with stakeholders, government officials, grantees, and current and prospective donors to advance IOF’s mission through thoughtful collaboration, strategic engagement, and fundraising.
- Oversees programs that provide nimble and targeted capacity to eligible entities in need of support to be able to access federal funding for clean energy projects.
- Helps build a culture of transparency, collaboration, and support among colleagues, and embraces a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and diverse perspectives.
- Expands the IOF’s network of influential validators, decision-makers, and institutional leaders while building IOF’s reputation.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Experience in climate change, energy, and environmental issues.
- Track record of working with relevant governments and stakeholder groups to advance organizational priorities.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in philanthropy, non-profits, or government service, supporting the development of strategic initiatives related to IOF’s priorities.
- Proven ability to navigate complexity with a strategic and analytic lens.
- Highly organized with the ability to wear multiple hats in a dynamic, fast-moving environment; a solution-oriented team player who manages toward clarity.
- Problem-solver with the ability to engage others and leverage relevant expertise within IOF.
- Ability to anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, and to build trust-based relationships that leverage resources in support of IOF’s goals.
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Recognizes the value of different perspectives and commits to inclusion, equity, and diversity in every aspect of work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Invest in Our Future is a fiscally sponsored project of RF Catalytic Capital, Inc. (“RFCC”). RFCC is a new 501(c)(3) public charity, launched by the Rockefeller Foundation in 2020, whose work is to develop, support, and/or apply innovative solutions to address the world's most intractable social and environmental problems impacting vulnerable people and communities. This position will begin at RFCC and may be transferred or assigned to Invest in Our Future. Such transfer or assignment, if at all, would in all aspects be subject to RFCC’s sole discretion.
Invest in Our Future is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status, or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
Invest in Our Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer.