The Director, NOC is an experienced leader for Acumera’s Network Operations Center (NOC), who uses KPIs, data driven decision making, consistent training regimens, and a customer-first mindset to deliver on Acumera’s “Advocate, Champion, Defender” support model.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As leader of the Network Operations Center team, the desired candidate will have responsibility for the following:
1. Hiring, training, and staffing for a 24x7x365 Network Operations Center
2. Defining and tracking KPIs to measure success of the team and find opportunities for efficiencies
3. Manage personnel who work with Acumera’s development team to test new products for customers, and work with development to design new features for AcuVigil that make it better for the NOC, our service partners, and our customers
4. Manage security personnel who deliver Acumera’s Enhanced Security Services product and ensure the security of customer networks
5. Maintain direct relationships with customers in order to identity new opportunities for Acumera to develop new software and workloads to solve their business problems
1. 5+ years in Leadership managing large, distributed teams serving a worldwide customer base across multiple time zones
2. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must
3. The ability to lead technical people and train new employees on common approaches to troubleshooting, while not becoming mired in the day-to-day problem solving directly, is a must
4. A customer-first mindset, passion for helping others, and ability to stay calm under pressure
5. Experience managing in a multilingual environment a plus
This position supervises a team of 20+ technical individuals in a 24x7x365 environment who work both on-site and/or remotely.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as Apple Mac computers, softphones, printers, and scanners.
This is a largely sedentary role which requires extended periods of time working on the phone and using a mouse, keyboard, and computer. It will occasionally require the ability to lift equipment and packages.
This is a full-time position. This position requires work on-site at company headquarters in Austin, Texas, during regular business hours (8:30 am to 5:30 pm). Overtime will be required as-needed in order to respond to after-hours escalations and to meet customer demand. Hours may vary. Remote work privileges may be granted on a temporary or on-going basis at supervisor discretion.
Required Education and Experience
1. At least five years relevant work experience for the required job qualifications
2. Earned degree, with additional relevant technical certifications preferred
Disclaimer: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.