Acumera delivers unmatched visibility, security and profitability to owners of multi-site convenience stores, restaurants and retail locations. Leveraging data and network intelligence Above the Store™, Below the Store™ and everywhere in between, the company’s comprehensive solution fully secures store networks and POS systems while also providing compliant, secure remote access, 24x7x365 proactive support and a full, cloud-based suite of security, monitoring, compliance and analytics tools. Acumera is listed on the Visa and MasterCard Global Registries of PCI-compliant service providers. Learn more at acumera.net.
What we are looking for
The Entry Level NOC Associate will work within the Network Operations Center team to contribute to the responsiveness, compassion, and competency of Acumera’s customer-facing support team.
The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude and be someone who embraces change, is a team player, is self-motivated, and is a fast learner. This entry-level position is designed to afford those with a desire to enter the information technology support field - but who have little to no experience - the opportunity to learn troubleshooting and customer support techniques through on-the-job training.
What you will do
As a foundational role in the Network Operations Center team, the desired candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Triage incoming support requests and ensure those which cannot be completed by NOC Associates are properly documented and escalated to the correct team member or group
- Support Acumera’s Broadband Management and WAN Failover products by contacting customers and/or carriers to troubleshoot Internet connectivity issues, scheduling on-site support, equipment replacement, or carrier dispatch as necessary
- Support Acumera’s Virtual Private Networking (VPN) products (and those which rely on VPNs, such as Web Filter and PCI Internal Scans) by conducting basic troubleshooting and escalating as necessary
- Support the routine & timely updating of Acumera supported devices by assisting with the notification and deployment of updated apps, system packages, and firmware for Merchant Gateways, Netgear switches, and other Acumera supported hardware
- Support Acumera’s PCI Compliance goals by participating in the daily log review process for customer account activity
- Contribute to the success of other internal or customer-facing projects as assigned
What you must have
1+ years’ experience in a customer-facing role
Demonstration of technical aptitude
A desire and capacity to learn Linux, network segmentation (VLANs), switch configuration, firewalls (iptables), and IPSec VPNs (Libreswan)
At least one-year relevant work experience for the required job qualifications
High School diploma (or equivalent) preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as Apple Mac computers, softphones, printers, and scanners.
This is a largely sedentary role which requires extended periods of time working on the phone and using a mouse, keyboard, and computer. It will occasionally require the ability to lift equipment and packages.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position requires work on-site at company headquarters in Austin, Texas, during scheduled shift work hours which may change from time-to-time to support 24x7x365 operations. Overtime will be required as-needed in order to respond to after-hours escalations and to meet customer demand. Hours may vary. Remote work privileges may be granted on a temporary or on-going basis at supervisor discretion.
No travel is required for this position.
What Acumera offers you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option grants
- 401(k) Retirement
- Generous discretionary time off policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Flexible work culture
- Casual dress code
- Central Austin Location
Acumera is an equal opportunity employer. All final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.