Acumera delivers unmatched visibility, security and profitability to owners of multi-site convenience stores, restaurants and retail locations. Leveraging data and network intelligence Above the Store™, Below the Store™ and everywhere in between, the company’s comprehensive solution fully secures store networks and POS systems while also providing compliant, secure remote access, 24x7x365 proactive support and a full, cloud-based suite of security, monitoring, compliance and analytics tools. Acumera is listed on the Visa and MasterCard Global Registries of PCI-compliant service providers. Learn more at acumera.net.
What we are looking for
The NOC Senior Network Administrator will work within the Network Operations Center team to contribute to the responsiveness, compassion, and competency of Acumera’s customer-facing support team.
The ideal candidate should possess a positive attitude and be someone who embraces change, is a team player, is self-motivated, and is a fast learner. This advanced position is designed for those with several years experience in customer support to use that experience to support front-line NOC Associates, assist with network design and deployment, and is a great "bridge" to other information technology roles.
What you will do
As a pivotal, senior role in the Network Operations Center team, the desired candidate will have responsibility for the following:
- Assist customers with advanced network device communication troubleshooting, such as firewall traffic analysis and firewall rule design
- Design and program Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity to support multisite communications and connectivity to cloud-based products (such as WebFilter and PCI Internal Scans)
- Troubleshoot escalated network support requests and ensure those which cannot be completed by other NOC personnel are properly documented and resolved
- Support Acumera's Managed Detection and Response product (part of our Enhanced Security Services platform) by reviewing and responding to security alerts, performing threat analysis, and providing response recommendations to the customer
- Support Acumera's PCI Compliance goals by ensuring network appliances are updated on a routine basis, and by participating in the routine log review processes
- Contribute to the success of other internal or customer-facing projects as assigned
What you must have
3+ years experience in a customer-facing role
3+ years relevant work experience
Demonstration of technical aptitude
Demonstrated knowledge of Linux, network segmentation (VLANs), switch configuration, firewalls (iptables), and IPSec VPNs (Libreswan)
High School diploma (or equivalent) preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as Apple Mac computers, softphones, printers, and scanners.
This is a largely sedentary role which requires extended periods of time working on the phone and using a mouse, keyboard, and computer. It will occasionally require the ability to lift equipment and packages.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position requires work on-site at company headquarters in Austin, Texas, during scheduled shift work hours which may change from time-to-time to support 24x7x365 operations. Overtime and on-call will be required as-needed in order to respond to after-hours escalations and to meet customer demand. Hours may vary. Remote work privileges may be granted on a temporary or on-going basis at supervisor discretion.
No travel is required for this position.
What Acumera offers you:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option grants
- 401(k) Retirement
- Generous discretionary time off policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Flexible work culture
- Casual dress code
- Central Austin Location
Acumera is an equal opportunity employer. All final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.