Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Game Seven Marketing, an Excel Sports Management Company, is a full-service creative and experiential agency that lives for sport and culture. From the biggest moments to the smallest details, we pride ourselves on being in the know and building relationships that matter, for brands that matter. We pride ourselves on being forward thinkers, relying on speed, efficiency, and relentless work ethic to flawlessly deliver on all client objectives.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
As the Human Resources Generalist assigned to Game Seven you will oversee and manage all HR functions including on-boarding of new hires, off-boarding, retention, employee relations, compensation reviews, performance management, career planning, training, the fellowship program and recruiting of all levels from fellows to senior management. You will deliver high-level client service, execute HR strategy linked to business objectives, answer questions regarding policies and benefits and ensure that all programs are operating efficiently and effectively. This position reports directly to the SVP, Human Resources at Excel with a dotted line to the Co-Head at Game Seven.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist leadership and management on people decisions (staffing, development, employee relations) ensuring alignment with people strategies, applicable employment laws and to maximize results
· Provide counsel to managers and employees in dealing with a broad range of human resources policies and procedures, and employee relations matters, balancing company and employee needs to enhance business performance
· Assist and coach managers regarding progressive discipline and termination issues
· Guide and support regular employee review processes including Goals Setting, Mid-Year Reviews and Year End Reviews
· Oversee the onboarding program and orientation schedules for new hires
· Facilitate offboarding process and exit interview
· Assist with facilitating training, including DEI as well as Anti-Harassment Training
· Oversee any internship programs throughout the year
· Support the workflows for compensation changes, promotions, transfers and any other staffing changes. This will include maintaining changes within our HRIS, and creating documentation for employee notification and record keeping
· Serve as the front line for employees by responding to and routing employee questions and concerns about company benefits, policies, and HR programs
· Support open enrollment of employee benefit programs annually in partnership with our PEO
· Manage compliance tracking including handbook, anti-harassment, new hire vaccination and mandatory training;
· Liaise with hiring managers and senior leadership to identify immediate hiring needs and prioritize searches, devise, and execute recruitment strategy.
· Conduct initial intake call with hiring managers to help facilitate all necessary paperwork to initiate searches including preparation of job descriptions and justifications for management approval
· Route all role requests through the proper approval process.
· Post jobs in applicant tracking system, including job boards, state job boards, LinkedIn, and Excel and Game Seven websites
· Review resumes, phone screen candidates, coordinate interviews with hiring managers and collect feedback from hiring managers
· Maintain candidate communication throughout interview process, ensuring a positive and engaging candidate experience
· Conduct Reference and Background checks
· Utilize your professional network, industry contacts and other tools to source A-list talent
· Manage salary negotiations and benefit discussions with finalists
· Maintain strong relationships with candidates and employee referrals to help build a pipeline of qualified professionals and freelance network for project-based hires.
· Manage all office operations and building management relations
· Maintain inventory and organization of office supplies, snacks, beverages
· Positively influence company culture and employee morale by organizing engagement activities including happy hours, company parties, employee celebrations, breakfast and lunches, team offsites, both virtually and in-person
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive human resources and full-cycle recruiting experience, agency experience a plus
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology or related field required
· Knowledge of state and federal laws and benefit compliance matters
· Knowledge of recruiting trends and best practices to help inform company strategy
· Mobile/social recruiting expertise a plus
· Experience managing large projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be a problem solver who is able to navigate new projects and assignments;
· Must enjoy office logistics and project-based assignments;
· Must be able to build relationships, genuine connections and trust both internally and externally;
· Must be proactive and possess strong organization and prioritization skills;
· Must have a high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities;
· Must have a client-first mentality and commitment to excellence and continuous improvement;
· Must have highly advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with strong working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Programs;
· Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in all the various modes (verbal, written, text, etc.);
· Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
· Must be results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in an ever-changing environment;
· Must be able to operate with discretion and confidentiality;
· Must be a flexible and reliable team player internally and externally;
· Must be able to think creatively and innovatively.
· Ability to develop trusting and influential relationships with senior leaders, colleagues/peers and individuals at all levels.
The pay range for this position is: $80,000 per year - $100,000 per year. This position is also eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus.Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.
Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.