Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. At Excel, we channel the power of sports to help our clients reach their fullest potential. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel Sports Management is seeking a motivated, marketing mind to create and execute off-the-field opportunities for athletic talent, specifically for our Basketball Marketing Division. The person in this role will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic and personable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Serves as the point person for specifically assigned NBA and NIL clients in all off-field elements: Marketing/Branding, PR, Charitable, Digital and Day-to-Day Management/Client Services;
· Oversees the fulfillment of marketing-related obligations;
· Develops, implements and executes holistic, comprehensive brand strategies for assigned clients;
· Is resourceful and proactively identifies opportunities to enhance activations, plans, and processes to deliver partner results;
· Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with clients/families, outside partners and relevant team/league staffers;
· Interfaces with internal parties as it relates to various client opportunities and needs;
· Attends shoots, events and appearances with clients;
· Participates in strategic discussions related to other clients, brands and concepts;
· Manages travel and itineraries on behalf of the client as needed;
· Supports all divisions with marketing materials and creative ideas;
· Ensures all materials and internal databases are up-to-date;
· Assists with recruiting as needed;
· Tracks client servicing requests and fulfillments;
· Ensures client information and all relevant materials are accurate and updated;
· Responsible for office and client administration including contract management;
· Develops contacts throughout the industry;
· Contributes ideas for overall company growth;
· All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required:
· 2-4 years in Sports Marketing required;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: experience using Excel, PowerPoint or a similar platform is preferred;
· Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively and exercise flexibility as needed;
· Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
· Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
· Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
· Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships;
· Must have exceptional time-management skills and be able to execute tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, every changing environment;
· Must be a flexible and reliable team player;
· Must be able to travel when needed, and work nights and weekends as necessary;
· Must be creative, strategic, detail- oriented, highly organized with strong project management skills;
· Must provide superior customer service and always seek to improve the client experience;
· Must be able to think creatively and innovatively;
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.