Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. At Excel, we channel the power of sports to help our clients reach their fullest potential. Our success is rooted in our people, our high character reputation and our commitment to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We focus on team chemistry, collaboration, strong relationships, valuable networks, and ambitious ideas to deliver innovative solutions that keep our clients and agency ahead of the curve.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Excel Sports Management is seeking a seasoned sales executive to lead endorsement sales within Excel’s industry-leading basketball representation practice. The Vice President, Basketball Partnerships position will lead a team of sellers focusing on securing significant revenue and marketing opportunities for Excel basketball clients. The individual will become a leading member of the Excel sales team, and work cross-functionally and collaboratively in selling across all Excel assets.
· Lead basketball talent endorsement sales for the leading NBA agent practice, including prospecting, outreach, pitching and closing deals.
· Directly generate revenue for high-profile NBA players, including local, national and global deals, primarily in non-endemic categories.
· Create short and long-term goals and sales priorities for basketball practice, including significant coordination with player agents and marketing managers.
· Oversee basketball sales team of 3-4 sellers and prospectors, while working collaboratively with other peer sellers on the team.
· Own and call on an established set of key companies, media agencies, sports agencies and talent buyers, from which to cultivate ongoing business.
· Work in a highly collaborative manner with player agents, marketing managers, creative and public relations in delivering on talent sales deals.
· Creatively package and market talent utilizing effective storytelling and a solutions-oriented approach for brands.
· Work in a highly collaborative manner with other sales leaders as part of a team-oriented selling environment; sharing leads, ideas and opportunities to generate revenue across ESM’s sales portfolio.
· Be able to juggle and navigate the big and small - securing both the high-profile, multimillion dollar endorsements while also delivering trade agreements in local markets for key clients.
· Serve as a positive culture contributor within a fast-growing, high-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
· Minimum of 10 years is similar sales roles, including direct experience selling talent.
· Established network of brand and agency buyers and senior decision-makers.
· Proven track record in delivering 6-7 figure per annum, multi-year endorsement deals.
· Passion for basketball.
· Demonstrated sales leadership and management skills, including ability to motivate others.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative fashion with peers and subordinates.
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.