Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to work directly on developing sponsorship proposals, sales collateral, and collaborating with Excel’s properties team on all new opportunities. The Manager of Marketing Solutions & Strategy will serve as an essential resource, offering innovative storytelling, expert copywriting, and creative insights. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously, while remaining poised in their communication and meticulous in their attention to detail.
· Works collaboratively with our property sales reps, creative services department, research/insights partners, and additional key departments (brand management, accounting, marketing, IT, legal, etc.) to develop sales collateral and materials required for the properties division.
· Manages the creative services pipeline for all properties needs, providing strategic direction, and effective communication under tight timelines.
· Understands marketing strategy principles with the ability to craft customized sponsorship platforms that meet client and brand goals.
· Brings creative ideas and platforms to life with compelling narrative and storytelling capabilities.
· Partners with the properties team on the creation of new sales materials, proposals, and presentations, with a deep comfort in using Google Slides, Google Drive, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Reviews and writes reports, proposals, and other documents with extraordinary attention to detail, consistency, grammar, and the ability to articulate a wide range of perspectives.
· Collaborates with all key stakeholders on high-visibility projects, maintaining a positive attitude and a mature sense of diplomacy.
· Participates in select client-facing meetings and business development pitches, when appropriate.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least 5 years of direct, relevant work experience.
· Preferred background in the sports and entertainment industries, with a passion for developing a complete understanding of the sports partnership landscape.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
· Intimate knowledge of design principals with the ability to articulate direction and a wide range of strategic perspectives.
· Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects while being responsive to the needs of the division, prioritizing effectively and exercising flexibility as needed.
· Detail oriented project management, organization, and administrative skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of sports business industry.
· Strong research and analytical skills.
· Ability to identify and solve problems creatively.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Highly responsive and accessible.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.