Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties.
Excel Sports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Position Summary: Excel Sports Management is seeking an experienced Manager, Brand Marketing to advise corporate clients on their sponsorship and sports marketing investments by providing end-to-end solutions, including strategy, negotiation, activation, implementation, event management and measurement. The ideal candidate will support the Excel Brand Marketing team across targeted clients, events, and new business efforts. This person will create meaningful, strategic, and inspiring brand concepts, ideas, stories, and experiences for our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages the day-to-day progress of Excel’s Brand Marketing clients’ sponsorship activation and marketing initiatives.
• Builds and maintains positive client relationships that result in enhanced partnerships and increased opportunities for Excel.
• Interacts daily with clients and all appropriate agencies/properties to manage sponsorship programming initiatives
• Provides portfolio analysis, identifying relevant opportunities that yield strategic recommendations for clients.
• Manages client-vendor relationships and coordinates necessary activation deliverables on behalf of clients.
• Creates activation briefs, recaps, event itineraries and staff plans.
• Plans and leads client status calls which include scheduling and preparing agendas or status documents.
• Works with the team to develop integrated marketing and activation recommendations (social, digital, traditional media, experiential, PR, events, etc.)
• Directs the creation and implementation of materials that support individual sponsorship initiatives, including the development of creative elements, preparing marketing activation presentations and other materials to be distributed to clients.
• Manages the sponsorship measurement process and gathering of relevant results
• Builds, sustains, manages and reconciles budgets along with providing client budget updates along each step of the process.
• Manages internal resources and vendors to ensure the highest standard of work product is consistently delivered.
• Conducts research and analysis to gain a greater knowledge of businesses and industries in order to create the best opportunities for our clients.
• Attends and participates in staff events which may include some nights and weekends
• All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4-5 years of direct experience in sponsorship, sports marketing, or other relevant industry experience.
• Experience developing and implementing sponsorship marketing strategies and activations on behalf of clients or companies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be passionate about creative ideation, developing, and finishing the job all the way through.
• Must be willing and eager to go above and beyond, help his/her teammates, coachable, curious, inquisitive, flexible, and multi-faceted.
• Must have the ability to self-start and work within a small team and dynamic organization.
• Must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) who overdelivers and strives to impress everyone around him/her with work ethic and willingness to go above and beyond.
• Must have experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies, and vendors.
• Must have a strong sense of ownership, ensuring goals are met and high-level standards are upheld.
• Must be able to think strategically, creatively, and problem-solve independently (and in groups).
• Must have excellent time management and be able to multitask effectively in fast-paced environments.
• Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word and the technical/computer skills to create and deliver client presentations.
• Must be goal-oriented, results-driven and be able to maintain composure under pressure.
• Must be able to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
• Must be proactive and productive, recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to achieve better job efficiencies.
• Must be driven to increase industry knowledge and work to stay ahead of the curve.
• Must have uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Excel Sports Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.